Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

well I have been reading about doing the sds mod and I also wanna fit an aux plug and do that mod aswell! Can anybody tell me whether these can be done together as I know the aux need to be sw650 which my rns-e is atm but if I am right for the sds it upgrade it to sw660???

Any info would be great

Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Carrying out sds mod and aux mod for rns-e 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the SDS is only called 0660 to differentiate it from 0650. 0660 isnt genuine Audi software, its just 0650 with the (unofficial) hack apllied to activate SDS. SDS can be applied as well as the aux-in. I did both to mine.

both are easy to do, I guess you have read up on the SDS mod and understand the need to modify the wiring for the telephone microphone? SDS is pretty poor though really - its very slow and I often found it quicker just to use the buttons/scroll wheel on the RNSE!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    O rite brilliant!!! Thanks for the quick reply!!! I only thought about it because I read about someone that did the mod and then his aux port wernt working!! Yeah I have read everything about the sds seems like a good mod to do and it costs next to nothing!! Have you got the file hack that you have to burn to a cd?? Also can this be done before the wiring needs to be done to deff see if it has works before I start tapping into wires?

0 0 0

4. Re: Carrying out sds mod and aux mod for rns-e 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My aux-in still worked after applying SDS. You'll need VAGCOM of course to sort out the coding of the RNSE and the bluetooth module afterwards (but I guess you know that!)

I dont think I still have the SDS disc I created I'm afraid, it was a few years ago that I did mine. A good Google and a search of the various forums, www.audiforum.us in particular should throw up the files you need I should think.

Indeed, SDS doesnt cost anything to do but I dont think I ever used after the day I did it! Its cool for a while but its pretty slow and struggled with my accent so I rarely used it. Aux-in is very handy though. You can apply the SDS before re-wiring the microphone. Obviously it will not function correctly but the SDS option will appear in the RNSE menu system so you can check wether the hack has worked or not.

0 0 0