Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

I was playing with my Audi A3's Symphony stereo. My speakers are deffinatley not Bose. But I have decided to change all of the speakers and settings asswell.
    I have read on the internet that by connecting through OBD2 cable you can change the stereo from Standard-0 to Bose-1. So i did (know someone who has a scan tool) and the sound is good. When you turn on the radio it does say Bose for a sec.
    Now my problem is the back speakers with Sub works fine and the sound is better than before but the front ones are gone all of them. The 13cm ones and the tweekers. Now i though that I have blown them or something went back to standard and they work fine. then back to Bose and they are gone again

Did i do something wrong or is there another setting to be set, Or maybe i need an amp or something for front speakers?

Any help would be great THANK

0 0 0

Getaway_Driver Guest
    You need a Bose amp to power the front speakers when you code the headunit to Bose. In standard mode, the headunit powers the front speakers.

There is already a separate amp powering the rear speakers.

Why would you want to code it to Bose when you don't have it?

0 0 0

3. Re: front speakers gone after recoding symphony to bose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Correct me if im wrong, I think that when on Bose settings it gives more wats to each speakers and if i upgrade mybspeakers it wouod be better? Or am i wrong?
    Is there a way to make all speakers work on bose settings in a non bose system?

0 0 0

4. Re: front speakers gone after recoding symphony to bose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm basing this reply on the Bose setup in an A6; it may be different in an A3 (but I bet it is similar):

A factory Bose installation consists of specific Bose speakers as well as an additional Bose amp. Bose won't like me saying this, but the Bose speakers are not actually, in isolation, that good. Indeed, they have a strange frequency response. What Bose do however is to match their amplifier to their speakers (and possibly to the car). So that means that the Bose amp doesn't sound very good with other speakers, and the Bose speakers don't sound very good with other amps. But used together they are very well matched.

Now just maybe, to save money, in an A3 the 'Bose' installation actually uses the standard rear speakers and drives them (and only them) from the standard head unit. But I can't see why it would provide more watts to them. It is slightly more likely that a Bose installation uses Bose rear speakers which require more watts, and which are driven by the standard head unit.

So can you get all the speakers to work on Bose settings? I would say no, and that you wouldn't want to anyway.

What you actually want to do is one of a) leave it all on standard settings and just live with it b) fit an A3 Bose amp and Bose front speakers (and possibly Bose rear speakers too) c) fit an aftermarket amp and speakers. Option B will be the most money and hassle!
    Golf GT 140 TDI. Mods: RNS510

0 0 0

5. Re: front speakers gone after recoding symphony to bose 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a related problem, I tried to change the cassette player in my TT to the Concert CD player. The CD player says Bose when switched on but will not power the front speakers. Can I change the CD from Bose to standard and if so how do I do it?

0 0 0