Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi the O.E. Towbar for the vehicle will be a Westfalia , i have put a link below for the options you can have on your vehicle.

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/au...nt-estate.html
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

2. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to ask, Ive bought a Audi A4 Avant 2.0fsi Quattro which is a 2007 B7 model. Ive been told by Audi it doesn't need the cooling upgrades. Anyone else experienced this with the 2.0 fsi petrol ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, It's a bit of a grey area, I don't know if it officially needs an Upgrade according to Audi but the general rule most people go off even if one is required is that it's only really an issue if you're going to be towing heavy loads in the heat for long distances. Cheers.

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

4. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Pfjones

Thanks for the reply, Audi got back to me yesterday and stated that going by my chassis number, my 2007 petrol B7 does not need the upgraded fans and alternator. Ive asked for it in writing for future reference, but hope i won't need it.

On that note, can you advise me what i will need to do the tow bar instal, i would like a westfalia removable towbar. I had one on my Vw T5 which i ordered from your company and it was awesome. Ive been told to go for a 13 pin socket even though my caravan has the old style black and grey plugs. What electrics would i need to order from your company and finally where can i get it fitted by you, I'm from Kent by the way

may thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, we have a mobile fitter that would come to you, yes you couldn't fit twin electrics to a detachable towbar as there is no room to mount the 2 sockets to swivel out of the way, you would need to fit 13 pin to the car then use an adaptor lead when you tow.

You have 2 different ways of installing the wiring, There is universal wiring which is the cheapest, needs to be spliced into the vehicles wiring but perfectly safe or you could go for dedicated wiring which is a kit made for the vehicle (O.E kit) so it mostly plugs straight in and will enable any settings the vehicle has for example switch off parking sensors or activate trailer stability (Recommended for cars under warranty).

If you opt for dedicated wiring then that would need coding which our fitter would do at the same time.

Give me a call for some prices on 0161 886 5796 ask for Adam.

0 0 0

6. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Adam

i would want the dedicated wiring kit as my vehicle is under warranty so don't want any issues with voiding the warranty. I will give you a call next week after i have collected the car and arrange to get this sorted through your company.

cheers

Graham

0 0 0

7. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd mention that I used PF Jones and their mobile fitter was great. Took about 2 hours and he was done. I'd recommend them anytime!

Reference the the cooling fans, these only need fitting in hotter countries not in the cool UK climates. Global warming may change that but not in my lifetime.

Audi A5 3.0L quattro Convertible
    2010 in Ibis White with lots of toys!

1 1 0

8. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For info, just had a tow bar fitted in Plymouth to my Audi A3 2010 sportback 2.0TDi 170bhp.

Cost £230 fitted with electrics & relay, this was a swan neck type, which some fitters charge more for!

I'm now halfway into a four week break, towing across Europe, no problems and happy with the price, some quotes were double what I paid!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all
    have fitted a Witter swan neck tow bar to my A4 Advant 2006, the mechanic says i need an Audi part to hook up the after market wiring to the Audi block connector. Can anyone shed any light on this and maybe give me a part number??
    Thanks in advance

0 0 0

10. Re: Towbar madness? Audi A4 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Simon, to hook up a universal wiring kit you'd need a bypass relay but this needs splicing into the individual functions separately in your rear lamp loom and not the block at the back, found here http://www.pfjones.co.uk/towbar-elec...ay-teb7as.html

If you want to connect into the block at the back then you need to fit a vehicle specific wiring kit which would enable any towing setting the vehicle has and needs coding to the vehicle once fitted, found here Audi A4 Avant 7 Pin Electrics Dedicated Oct 04-08 19010506RC

Cheers Adam

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12