Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Crankshaft Position Sensor Location (Error code P0322)

1. Crankshaft Position Sensor Location (Error code P0322) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2000 VW Polo 1.4 Petrol engine, engine code AUD which has intermittently started producing error code P0322 – Ignition/Dist Engine Speed Input Cct No Signal and then dropping to limp home mode.

I believe this fault points to the Crankshaft Position Sensor, but I have no idea where it is on this engine.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to where I can find it so that it can be replaced

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor Location (Error code P0322) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone help, I'm struggling to find an answer to this problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harv91 View Post
    I have a 2000 VW Polo 1.4 Petrol engine, engine code AUD which has intermittently started producing error code P0322 – Ignition/Dist Engine Speed Input Cct No Signal and then dropping to limp home mode.

I believe this fault points to the Crankshaft Position Sensor, but I have no idea where it is on this engine.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to where I can find it so that it can be replaced

Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor Location (Error code P0322) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did you ever get this resolved? I too am having problems with my Polo. I have had it code read & it comes back with Engine Speed Sensor (17606 PO322).

Andrew

0 0 0

4. Re: Crankshaft Position Sensor Location (Error code P0322) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_beck View Post
    did you ever get this resolved? I too am having problems with my Polo. I have had it code read & it comes back with Engine Speed Sensor (17606 PO322).

Andrew
    Yes, I did resolve it. I finally tracked down the sensor which is positioned in the most inaccesible place imaginable. It is located at the bottom rear of the engine between the starter motor and the engine block, at the right hand end if you're looking from the front of the car. It is necessary to remove the starter motor first (working from underneath the car) and then you can reach the sensor, which only has one fixing screw so is easy once you get to it.

One other challenge is to actually identify the sensor you need as a replacement, it seems there are quite a few variants so its probably best to go to a VW garage rather than replace with a third party equivalent.

Hope this helps & good luck

0 0 0