Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    OK, this problem is now terminal.

The blower works but no air comes out of the vents, recirculating or otherwise. It appears the flaps are not working at all to channel the air and either one (the main) or some or all are stuck shut.

Is there a schematic of where these flaps are? I could check their motors and see which one is wrong.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as it's really hard to keep the mist away from the windscreen without air. Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having a similar problem with our Touran 2.0 tdi with dual climate control. No blow unless recirculating, will check the pollen filter tomorrow in daylight and see if that helps (any ideas where it is btw?)
    Also, when I do get it to blow, it only comes out warm on the passenger side and blows cold on the drivers side.

0 0 0

3. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Identical problem. The aircon only works on the driver side, the air on the passenger side is not heated or cooled.

I fave tried replacing the pollen filter to no avail. It is under the glove box.

What seems to happen is that one or more flaps is stuck. The motors are behind the glove box, so this seems like a weekend project...

Any input will be hugely appreciated .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

0 0 0

4. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the same problem on my 54 touran. Would be really useful if u can update on how you got on. found some similar threads and seems to be common problem across vw audi range. Will Try to contact Nevo (user of this forum site) to see if he can help provide guidance but I'm new to this forum lark! :-)

0 0 0

5. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all.
    I'm having EXACTLY same problem with my 2004 Touran Sport 2.0 tdi with dual climate control. No blowing unless I select recirculating. Can hear some flap closing when deselect recirculation and motor still continue to blow air to...somewhere, not inside.
    Has anyone found any solution for this (seems to be quite common thing) problem? Highly appreciated for any input!

0 0 0

6. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Nothing new really. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Didn't have time to do anything more than replace the cabin filter, but it didn't make any difference.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I've been investrecirculation venthis issue with the help on another chap from this forum (Nevo). There seem to several possible causes which you may need to investigate. The first, and most common, seems to be that the actuactors that operate the internal opening and closing of the vents can get stuck , this can be checked by simply accessing them via removal of the glove box and locating each unit. On my 54 plate touran the hardest bit was getting the glove box out, behind which you'll find the recirculating vent and actuator situated above the main van housing.
    The operation of recirculation actuator and vent can be checked by switching the ignition on, turning the main fan on and pressing the recirculate button, if operating correctly the vent flap shud open and close at the press of the recirculate button. If this doesnt fully operate then you may need to carefully remove the actuator, open its casing and apply a small amount of grease / vasoline to the internal cogs.
    Similarly i also checked the actuator that operates the hot and cold vent and found that this was not fully opening , therefore I was not getting hot air through the blower to demist the screen. The operation of this actuator in my touran was via the manual hot cold dial on the console, so to check it was working and free up if stuck; with the ignition on, turn the hot and cold dial back and forth and you shiudl see the actuatir opening and clsoing the main heat vent flap located behind but just below the upper radio control section of the dash. To resolve if stuck , then I would try operating the flap manually by using your fingers to check for any obstructions and then try checking that the plastic connection rod has not disconnected at either end or if necessary remove the actuator and grease internal parts.

I have tried both of the above and it seems to have resolved my problem, as I had a stuck actuator and the small connection rod has come off one end. Now sorted. Hope the above helps.
    The issue with the recirculation vent operating when my car is put in reverse seems to auto resolve and revert back after 30 seconds of moving forward, so not sure if this is a semi auto climate control feature designed by the Germans to boggle us!.. good luck

0 0 0

8. Re: Touran: blower works, no air comes out the vents. Why? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otheos View Post
    Ha, it's back!

Just when I thought it was over... Anyway. Did a lot more looking around and this is now WAAAYY too weird.

Listen to this: When I reverse (select R, step on throttle, reverse a few meters) air starts coming out of the vents. I can actually hear a flap engaging to allow the flow of air. As soon as I select Drive and move a few feet, it's gone. Same noise of the flap moving and air stops. The blower is always audible as before.

Why is there air in reverse but not in forward motion? What kind of sorcery is this lol?
    Hi got mk5 2004 golf same problem as you when in reverse moving backwards also if I wash front screen with window washers it let’s air out of as it should really doing my head changed pollen filter and climate control unit still on joy help anyone plz

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12