Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey,

Why would water be leaking from beneath the the air blower fan that is situated behind the glovebox? ( I have arrowheads on the pics for clarity )

Help is appreciated! Dave

leak5.jpgleak6.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check the sealing on the pollen filter housing

0 0 0

3. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The water will be coming from the Pollen filter, due to the seal sitting around the base perishing. I had the same issue recently with a Skoda Superb which is exactly the same. Actually an audi filter. See the pictures below.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nackuk/...7624074436362/

Not sure where the ECU is located on audi's haven't had mine long, but on the Superb it was under the carpet in the passenger footwell which came very close to be flooded there was so much water in well.

The filter is located under the plastic covering on the bulk head directly above the fan, I'd get it fixed quickly as there is probably alot of wiring down there too. I didn't bother buying a new seal for mine but used plumbers mate putty from B&Q which cost £7. It doesn't dry out and is fully water resistent.

Hope this helps

0 0 0

4. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is also a little flap thats designed to let water out but keep the bit under the scuttle sealed, the block up and therefore back fill with water, check its not blocked.

Dan
    2002 A4 B6 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport - Mods to date... Too Many To List!

0 0 0

5. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    next to the pollen filter box on the right hand side you should see the battery vent tube going into a hole in the inner wing, this also gets blocked up and needs cleaning through, i recently changed the foam under the box as it perishes with age and while your in the area there are two plenum drains that also clog up, worth doing them too

0 0 0

6. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Blimey man an INTERNAL swimming pool rather than in the plenum chamber.....that was a lucky escape with the CCU!

0 0 0

7. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the comments, I shall check the sealing housing for the pollen filter(and the other mentioned areas) when I find some spare time.

It only leaks whilst I have the aircon on. If I turn the aircon off and just us the conventional blowers (by pushing the 'eco' button on the climate control panel) it doesnt leak.
    If I coulnt turn the aircon off my floor would have ended up like your suberb! as it leaks quite aggressively
    So I have went all summer without aircon and now Ive decided to have a look at it. Just in time for the cold weather haha!

Dave

0 0 0

8. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck, I thought it was A/C but was told that there isn't any way for the water to come in from A/C.

0 0 0

9. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunnner7691 View Post
    Good luck, I thought it was A/C but was told that there isn't any way for the water to come in from A/C.
    not true! if the drain for the AC is blocked the condensation will run out of the fan housing

0 0 0

10. Re: Leak from blower fan? see pics 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Condensation sounds like the more likely source of the water. Because if it were the pollen filter wouldnt it leak all the time regardless of whether the AC is on or off?

Where is the drain for the AC?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast