0 Post(s)
    Hi, details are;

P/N 3C0035279B
    S/W 0263
    H/W H34
    NAV P/N 3AA919866
    NAV DATA Vs 0031
    NAV DATA EUR_W_031

BTW That's spooky! My spoof SatNav token address being Bolton, I notice that's where you are?
    Passat Sport Est 140, Polo, A3, Karmann Ghia, MG TF, Lotus Elise.

0 0 0

2. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Ian - how did you find those details. I'm pretty sure I have the same firmware version as I did on my previous headunit.

Did you have the older firmware before your swap out? Also, did you request the firmware upgrade? Or did the replacement unit just come with it?

Yes I'm in Bolton - that is spooky!

Dan
    Passat B7 - White - Sport - 140PS BMT.

0 0 0

3. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you push and hold the SETUP button next to the screen it will go into service mode from where you can select versions.
    I had the original unit that eveyone is complaining aboout with no hands free phone, 1990's SatNav interface, etc.
    I have been onto VW from day two of having the car, I stated the unit didn't do as detailled on the specs,. and to my mind therefore 'wasn't fit for the purpose'. After some discussion they agreed to update it FOC, this never happened as the unit was apparently deemed to be not 'upgradeable' as this upgrade was only for MY2012!!! With the unit intermittently hanging up they swapped it out and even with my suggestion that they should at this point now ensure it gets swapped for the later unit, more by luck than intervention it happens to be the latest unit!

0 0 0

4. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-f View Post
    If you push and hold the SETUP button next to the screen it will go into service mode from where you can select versions.
    I had the original unit that eveyone is complaining aboout with no hands free phone, 1990's SatNav interface, etc.
    I have been onto VW from day two of having the car, I stated the unit didn't do as detailled on the specs,. and to my mind therefore 'wasn't fit for the purpose'. After some discussion they agreed to update it FOC, this never happened as the unit was apparently deemed to be not 'upgradeable' as this upgrade was only for MY2012!!! With the unit intermittently hanging up they swapped it out and even with my suggestion that they should at this point now ensure it gets swapped for the later unit, more by luck than intervention it happens to be the latest unit!

Excellent thanks for that - last question - is yours 11 reg or 61? I'm on the case now with VW.
    Passat B7 - White - Sport - 140PS BMT.

0 0 0

5. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    June 2011. Best of luck!

0 0 0

6. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some sort of conclusion to this whole satnav mess.
    My dealer has been outstanding in contacting VW time and time again about upgrading model year 2011 315 satnavs. The final admission by VW is that this model/year/type of satnav cannot be upgraded in any way because of licensing restrictions. VW have now offered me a 60% goodwill refund of the original cost of the unit. This now seems to be the only option available but I think it's down to how forceful a dealer is in pursuing the matter.

0 0 0

7. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same sort of thing here, although I didn't get a figure. I stopped them at having to pay anything - the car was like 6 months old...

I'll continue using my iPhone navigon for free... and it has regular FREE updates and loads more functionality and better traffic info and speed cams and.... the list goes on.

Un-impressed VW...
    VW CC GT in Dark Oak, 2.0TDi Bluemotion, Truffle Leather Interior with Ebony Trim - Now Arrived

VW Passat B7 Saloon in Night Blue, 2.0TDi Sport Bluemotion - Now Gone

0 0 0

8. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Final resolution of a sort. I received £400 today as a goodwill gesture; obviously an admission that upgrades to early versions of the 315 are impossible. This result is thanks to an outstanding dealer and salesman who have pursued VW on this matter for months. However, it would have been nice to have a decent satnav in the car that did it's job so a new TomTom is on the cards.
    (Moderators - I'm not sure whether I can mention names here)

0 0 0

9. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well done!

Although maybe if it starts faulting, as mine did with hang-ups on the DAB and phone, you still may end up getting the later version as an exchange.

0 0 0

10. Re: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys , sorry to jump in , i have a 2011 passat cc and my rns 315 only has the 5 digit postcode😡 , if i was able to locate a secondhand head unit from 2012 onwards does anyone know if it will just plug and play of is it not as simple as that 🤔

Cheers pete

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123