Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Phil,

That's a top job. I am going to just do the top half for now. 10mm end. I have a spare tie rod to butcher

For some reason That side seems to have the most play, but this is the way to do it (should be done) on a "high quality car"

It's a pity there's no aftermarket fit for this mod.

By the way the MIL would go out eventually by itself. It seems it doesn't re-set immediately the fault is removed. Probably to ensure fear is struck into the hearts of all owners so that they go sprinting to the nearest VW/Audi dealer to needlessly spend money. Any way I do clear the codes after I apply an adjustment so as not to get confused.

Good work!

WJAM

0 0 0

2. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot to ask.. Looking at the lower cam it looks like you could remove that in situe (assuming you can keep it's position.)

Would that be right? Just remove the circlip??

thanks

WJAM

0 0 0

3. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am surprised that some enterprising company has not brought out a rebuild kit.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised too. It covers all the 3.0tdis and a few more I'm sure

I've just placed my order at RS

WjAM

0 0 0

5. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheap Quality solution thats what we like to see

0 0 0

6. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great post, thanks Phil A.

Quote Originally Posted by wjam View Post
    Forgot to say.. the tolerance is 2%... If someone had the tooling to set up the motor (referencing) / or some way to make the ECU expect 10% tolerance then I think you would never get a MIL in the lifetime of the motor.

That must be do-able, and it would have approx zero effect on performance.
    This is where I focussed my early attempts before giving in and getting both sides replaced. Having done a lot of work with Siemens plcs lately I'm tempted to revisit the issue - its probably just a straightforward modbus connection...

0 0 0

7. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    like i said, i have the tool for the manifold motor and the turbo plus vas version 19

I wouldn't use your kit because if it fails then I would be paying for the manifold as you have no warranty and I have no time to fit parts unproven then have a private job come back on me with a reputation to keep its not for me but looks ok

I'm not one for this kind of thing and experience tells me do it right or don't do it

If you were local I would reset the settings for you out of interest

0 0 0

8. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the offer - too late now though as I got both sides replaced with genuine parts (noticed that the design has since been modified). Have you ever cleared this error before by increasing the range/error tolerance on any VDO positioners?

0 0 0

9. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I forgot to ask.. Looking at the lower cam it looks like you could remove that in situe (assuming you can keep it's position.)

Would that be right? Just remove the circlip??<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Wjam,

Yup, I think you probably could, though getting it back would be a fiddle as there is limited space to replace the circlip. Would save a load of aggro tho!

Phil

0 0 0

10. Re: V6 TDI Swirl Control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem with my q7, looks a good repair Phil, I am looking at tackling the problem in a slightly different way which I hope I will not have to remove the manifold.

I am in the process of having a 12mm dia x 20mm lg piece of round bar and putting a 4.1mm square hole through the middle length ways I am then going to put 2 M3 grub screw holes through the side to meet the 4.1mm square hole then cut the existing arm in half then push the two halfs in each end of the 12mm dia sleeve adjust then lock with the grub screws. Hopefully this will do the trick I will post pictures each if it works

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast