0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all.

Only my second post here.

I have decided to update my current 2001 A6 Avant to an "06/07.?" A6

The A6 I have at the moment has the Bose Stero fitted which I must say is very good, in an ideal world I would like the car I go for next to also have the Bose upgrade.

But I aslo have other things on my 'wish-list' such as a V6 tdi and tip tronic, MMI high etc.

So just how good is the bose surround system in the newer A6's compared to an A6 with just MMI high.?

I hope this makes sense.

Tony

0 0 0

2. Re: Bose V's Standard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its supposed to be miles better. Mine is the standard MMI high one. It's pretty good, but not loud enough for my liking. Also, it only has limited DSP settings.

I hear the bose has almost twice the power (and headroom in hifi terms), with completely different speakers meaning it sounds way better.

A bit off topic, but have you seen the Bang Olufson option in the newest A6s? Check out Audi's website, that kit is out of this world.

1 0 0

3. Re: Bose V's Standard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My first A6 came with the standard sound system and MMI High and I though it was a pretty good system. (Miles better than other stock systems) My current car hs the bose with MMI high and it is a massive improvement, strong, powerful bass with great depth and detail through the highs and lows, but it will only sound good if the source of your music is good! A retail CD is perfect as the music is of a high encoding, if you download your music and burn it to CDs or a ipod make sure the music is encoded to 320kbps as the bose really highlights the weakness of low quality music. As for the new A6, I will be ordering one of the twin turbo TDI avants when the launch with the Bang & Olufsen systems. I listened to one at Belfast Audi and wet myself.
    This video shows how impressive the standard system is http://youtu.be/qn8EuRgiTDM give it a listen with some earphones
    "Your not a true Audi driver unless ye floor it 24/7" Ja jay deeeeEEE... 2005
    "Shes no 3.0TDI" Ja jay deeeeEEE... 1967
    "Shes no Quattro" Ja jay deeeeEEE... 1884

1 0 0

4. Re: Bose V's Standard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys.

I couldn't of asked for two better answers.
    When it comes to music I go for quality over loudness. Yes Josh I have seen the Bang & Olufson set up in the new A6 and yeah, that looks a different league altogether.

And ja Jay I paid quite a lot for some ear bud earphones and in that video I can get a feel of just how good the Bose is

Thanks again

Tony

0 0 0

5. Re: Bose V's Standard 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is only the standard sound system in the video!! Thats how good it is
    "Your not a true Audi driver unless ye floor it 24/7" Ja jay deeeeEEE... 2005
    "Shes no 3.0TDI" Ja jay deeeeEEE... 1967
    "Shes no Quattro" Ja jay deeeeEEE... 1884

0 0 0