In the small hours of this morning, I took my brother in law and his girlfriend to Gatwick for their flight off on holiday - nothing really unusual about it, however it was 'one of those journeys' - you know the sort, that remind you just why you liked, and bought, your car.

I've not had a day off work since the end of June, and having finished work at half three yesterday afternoon, I was feeling quite weary as you can imagine, and not particularly looking forward to heading out at 2am to go to the airport. However, I said months ago that I would do it, and I am not one to go back on my word, so after no sleep (tried, to catch a few hours without success) I dragged my carcass out of bed just before one, had a strong coffee, and headed off.

The journey to the airport was uneventful (never seen the M25 so quiet!), and both passengers were comfortably delivered in good time for their flight. On the way back, stereo cranked up (to keep me awake), I found myself almost enjoying the experience, and being impressed all over again with the ride and handling from the car.

Overtaking on the motorway was a breeze thanks to the plentiful torque, and it was as smooth and quiet as anyone could ask for (particularly given the state of the road surfaces).

Yeah, they may have their faults (turbos, injectors etc), but there was definitely a reason behind making the purchase in the first place.........

All I need to do now, is hope that the Red Bull keeps me firing on enough cylinders to get through the next three or four hours and then to bed