Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    EDIT BY BEN: This thread is the work of Sarge. I have nothing to do with it. It looks like i began the thread as i have uploaded the PDF's that sarge created but I can only upload large pdf's to a new post rather that editing an existing post. I then merged the posts which has made it look this way.

I have had a few messages saying that I should post my own thread on this.

I was determined to do this myself after I was quoted over £800!! by a company, just for fitting it (this included the Steering controller module and slip ring parts & labour only), I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Nobody else will look after your pride and joy quite like you will you also get the added benefit of getting to learn more about your car in the process!

It is important you don't rush it, especially the wiring of the Airbag for obvious reasons. I had no or little help and had to be patient hence it took me a little while to work it out (Airbag wiring) but I'm passing it all on to you .

I would recommend the purchase of the airbag wiring loom (mentioned in the guide), this saves a lot of hassle and also avoidance of possible dangers.

Please note: I wrote this as a guide and I am in NO way responsible in any way, shape or form, should you decide to follow it and mess it up, do it at your own risk ...

Please read Marc's excellent guide to the SDS mod too as can consider mine can be sort of complimentary to this.

All references are to installing a TT FBMFSW into a Audi A4 B7 2006 2.0 TFSi with RNS-E, Bluetooth, but had no MFSW, Cruise control or SDS fitted.

ENJOY!

Cheers
    Sarge

here are the two pdf's
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ben; 11-09-2011 at 11:07 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The links don't seem to work :-(
    Audi A4 2.0TDI Quattro 177PS Black Edition (B8.5) in Brilliant Black, B&O sound system, MMI 3G+ satnav, Parking System plus, Interior LEDs, Privacy Windows

0 0 0

3. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The links work fine just click on them not copy and paste.

I was forced to put them on a file server as this forums server wouldn't allow me to upload them here, seems odd but there you go.

Cheers
    Sarge
    Audi A4 2.0 TFSi DTM, Quattro, 2006, 220 BHP, Sprint Blue, Multi Spoke Alloys, Light pack, Bi-Directional Xenons, Auto Wipers, Recaro/Electric/Leather/Alcantara/Heated/Memory Seats, Under seat storage, Carbon Fibre spoilers, Carbon Fibre trim inserts, RNS-E Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone Prep, SDS, FBMFSW, .....

0 0 0

4. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually it must be my work firewall, it says connection reset from there, but when I try it at home it works fine
    Audi A4 2.0TDI Quattro 177PS Black Edition (B8.5) in Brilliant Black, B&O sound system, MMI 3G+ satnav, Parking System plus, Interior LEDs, Privacy Windows

0 0 0

5. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sarge,

You can put them on google document sharing and share them or upload it on a torrent website.

0 0 0

6. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sarge,

I got my stalk I just wanted to find from you if this is the same as yours, the stalk part number is 4E0 953 521 but the part number on yours seems different 8E0 054 690, but I read it on one advert on eBay that "CONTROL SYSTEM PART NUMBER 4EO 953 521

BOX PART NUMBER 8E0 054 690"
    which seems to be the same part number as yours can you assist?

Here is the item link.... Cruise Control Stalk

0 0 0

7. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Yemi, I bought mine new from Audi Dealer, they obviously supplied this via the chassis number. The part number is as in the picture, I can't see the stalk as it is fitted now, but I can't see why it would differ, UNLESS as sometimes the part number for an after market retrofit kit has different part numbers to factory fitted kit if is the case here.

Is yours a cabriolet? (this may have a different part number) also what colour is the trim? my is black, if colour is different then the part number will be different, You should check with the dealers really.

P.S as far as I remember, this part is cheaper from Audi dealer than this eBay advert!

Cheers
    Sarge
    Audi A4 2.0 TFSi DTM, Quattro, 2006, 220 BHP, Sprint Blue, Multi Spoke Alloys, Light pack, Bi-Directional Xenons, Auto Wipers, Recaro/Electric/Leather/Alcantara/Heated/Memory Seats, Under seat storage, Carbon Fibre spoilers, Carbon Fibre trim inserts, RNS-E Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone Prep, SDS, FBMFSW, .....

1 0 0

8. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here are pictures of the one I have

0 0 0

9. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yemi I can't deduce anything constructive from the pictures, best thing is to see the dealers to make sure, they might have one in stock so you can compare your box and stalk with theirs?!

I certainly 'looks' right though compared to mine in my guide.

1 0 0

10. Re: 'HOW TO' Fitting FBMFSW, Cruise Control and SDS ....with pictures :) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It does look right apart from slight difference in the white writing on the stalk, mine is curved and yours is straight.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast