Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kodkod.84 View Post
    Maybe he is going to attempt some on road refuelling procedure, road tanker to car- like how aircraft are refuelled in the air, to save all the trips to the forecourt to fill up- I can't see £20 going far with today's prices
    Great idea! Now just need to buy a pickup truck, some hose pipes, a few barrels of fuel and some hot chicks in bikinis!

0 0 0

2. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    Driving without a properly sealed fuel tank (ie without the filler cap on) usually results in an engine warning light.

Why do you need to leave the car running to fill up?
    I don't

0 0 0

3. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Himself View Post
    I don't
    Then I'm confused

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

4. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    Then I'm confused
    I'm relieved - that he doesn't live near me - engine running whilst refilling? I can't believe it was even asked.

0 0 0

5. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    I'm relieved - that he doesn't live near me - engine running whilst refilling? I can't believe it was even asked.
    Why can't you believe it was asked? I suppose you know all the answers? I have looked on Google and it has and can be done with no problems, if you don't like this thread, then don't bother posting, cheers.

0 0 0

6. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Why can't you believe it was asked? I suppose you know all the answers? I have looked on Google and it has and can be done with no problems, if you don't like this thread, then don't bother posting, cheers.
    Being cheeky to a mod, risky ground!

I would never try filling up when the engine is running just for the pure risk is poses!

0 0 0

7. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your somewhat hostile attitude aside, here's the error that is often seen just from having a loose filler cap.

16839/P0455/001109 - EVAP System: Large Leak Detected

Whether the same error is apparent on a derv, I'm not sure. I'd imagine the fire risks with diesel are much smaller than with petrol.

Is there a reason why one would need to leave the engine running? Faulty battery maybe?

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

8. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the sensible reply, that's the sort of output I was expecting.

Just for the record, I am NOT going to try this, it was just a topic of conversation. To all that live nearby, you can sleep in peace now.

Al

0 0 0

9. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just for the record, I'll post where I please, I think the hard graft I've put into this forum and the support I've given it over the years (as have countless others) affords me that luxury.

I can't/couldn't believe that someone was seriously contemplating fueling a car whilst the engine was running. It is, IMHO, a timebomb.

"cheers"

1 0 0

10. Re: Filling up your tank 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've filled diesel vehicles up with the engine running loads of times and have no fear about doing so.

When its 45+ degrees I dont want to waste all the cool air in the car so I leave it running so the aircon still runs. Lazy? yes it is, but its perfectly safe.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast