Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Forgot to upload the pic Here you go.DSP........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    GGGGrreat you got Fibre optics there...

So I'm guessing you gonna do retro??

If so what MMI control button unit you got 8/4? ie "NAV" & "TEL" button

As quick scan of EPC reveal the 8 Button basic plus is same P/N as the MMI high button unit...

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Awesome So I assume the bit with the heatsink is the DSP and black box fibre optics? Yeah I will definitely go ahead with it, but candidates afford to get it all in one go now, so will get the parts a bit at a time. Oh and I have the 8 button controller with tell and nav.

0 1 0

4. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry I never read post 10 of the thread
    Firstly I am a enthusiast, I do not have the hand's on experience of A8 Tech or Craigyb (Both )

But will help as much as I can plus you got all the VWAF members

From my understanding:-

i) the six disc changer is/should be reusable for your MMI high retrofit

ii) the AMP is/should be reusable (the big silver item with heatsink)

iii) the MMI button panel will/should be ok

You have MMI 2G Basic Plus with CD NAV and optional 6 Disc changer.... do you have bluetooth then?

I think it maybe good idea to open a photobucket account to upload higher res photos...

Feel free to PM me to gain more info/screenies on how to use that to do photos in posts...

Depending on your capabilities it is not out of the realm of possibilities for you to do install...

There's lot's which I never thought/could/would do to mine and have done...
    Last edited by gupsterg; 03-09-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: expanded on post

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Don't appologize, i forgot to upload the pic!

That sounds like good news, three things to tick off the list that i don't have to get I'm sure i am capable to do the install myself, i like to think i'm pretty handy with mechanics and electrical stuff, but i would be nervous about something going wrong and being without a car for a few days, which would be a major pain in the ***, so would rather pay someone for the piece of mind that it will be done quickly.

Thanks a lot for your input, i really appreciate it

Oh and i have a Pinkbike account, lets see if this works http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb8614590/p4pb8614590.jpg

And no, i don't have bluetooth. It's in the MMI menu, but i guess that module just isn't installed.
    Last edited by Andrew Turner; 05-09-2012 at 12:25 AM.

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The items in red boxes look after market addon... my thoughts maybe parking sensors... any chance of close up shots...

Are you able to ses a P/N on the AMP?

I can supply P/N for bits you need... if you find ebay listings of stuff PM/Post will check against EPC for you...

On this site Link:- http://prsearch.planetvag.com/ you will find document detailing how to decode PR data sticker, sticker will be in spare wheel well/service log...

Post results we will be able to check what car had at factory and what it has now, some stuff does not show up on the PR data sticker but all data/exercise good...

0 0 0

7. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah parking sensors would fit, there are 4 sensors. I had a look for a part number earlier but couldn't see one...will have a closer look tomorrow. Will take more pics, including the data sticker.

Thanks mate
    Last edited by Andrew Turner; 05-09-2012 at 12:23 AM.

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Turner View Post
    Will take more pics, including the data sticker.
    If you going to post data sticker... please delete VIN via MS Paint.... VIN is WAUZZZ 4F xx xxx xxxx

Below is mine... a PR code is the the red box... if you enter all those in the above linked decoder you can copy paste text in post or attach as text file like I have mine... Link:- Attachment 17888

Thanks mate
    No worries , aftermarket sensors sit on the bumper not within the parking sensor hole will photo mine and PM/add to thread...
    But it all depend on how/what level of retro fit was done ie was a genuine PDC bumper fitted, etc

I'm sure i am capable to do the install myself, i like to think i'm pretty handy with mechanics and electrical stuff, but i would be nervous about something going wrong and being without a car for a few days, which would be a major pain in the ***, so would rather pay someone for the piece of mind that it will be done quickly.
    I think you are best to establish your capabilities, I can provide info/diagrams/photos of some elements of work... you have to decide what you do...
    What I gained from doing what I've done with car has greatly enhanced my ownership of it IMO...

I think plan is lets establish what parts you need... with the retros I've done to my car I tried to do as factory fit as possible...

What functions are you expecting? you can have MMI High without certain module in place, but would be best to get all you want in first place then fit/get done and enjoy!!

I'm assuming you do not have shark fin on roof either?

0 0 0

9. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Didn't get a chance to check out the sticker, busy day and went biking after. That box is definitely the parking sensors as they do sit on top of the bumper. They don't look too bad though, the factory sensors set into the bumper do look better though, saw one today.

I'll decide whether to do it myself when i know exactly what it entails, i haven't come across any how-too guides yet. From a quick look at the PDF of where everything is on the car, it looks like it's scattered around a bit, and i'm assuming i'd need to run some cables front to back? It will take a while to get all the bits as i also have quite an expensive hobby. Bikes are a money pit from which the spending never stops!

What functions am i expecting? Well the color screen for one, and the ability to have the map for the sat nav come up on the screen. The current sat nav is good, but you can't check which route it's taking, which is annoying. I want bluetooth, and an aux input with 3.5mm jack and USB so i can plug in a HD. Also want a DVD player, so guess i will need the TV tuner too? Can't see me ever watching TV in the car, but would be good to play DVD's on long trips, that might stop ALL of my passengers playing Angry Birds like they all did on our recent trip to the French Alps, which drove me nuts as they insisted on having the sound up! Also i am a geek, and want more gadgets

I do have the shark fin on the roof. Is that for the phone? I assumed it was for the Sat Nav.

Oh and i got your PM but can't reply yet, no offense taken

0 0 0

10. Re: MMI Retro=fit What parts do i need to convert my MMI basic to MMI high 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Oh and i have the stereo with the sub's in the front doors and only 2 way speakers. Ideally i would like to fit some good quality 3 way speakers and re-locate the sub's elsewhere if possible. Where does the sub go when 3 way speakers are fitted in the front doors?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast