Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Just a spot of general advice from my own experience of dealing with VW Customer Services, nothing to do with injectors, but the principle is the same...............

Don't be surprised when dealing with the call centre monkeys if you get the brush off, or vague promises to call back followed by a Dear John letter a month later. Persevere. Insist on moving up the food chain to a supervisor, insist on everything they say being put in writing and if you can do so record your phone calls (don't worry, it's not illegal unless you do something particularly stupid with the recording).

The real trick is to admit defeat with the call centre in Yorkshire and track down someone at HQ in Milton Keynes who can make decisions. Once you have got someone who is paid more than minimum wage, they are remarkably good and you could even believe you are dealing with the VW of a bygone age.
    I was imediately given the case managers name and a case ref took 3 days to get them to agree to pay me. that said still waiting for the cheque!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Possible recall or not, may be laudable, but it will do no good unless a redesigned injector and/or system is fitted (which is not so). Otherwise, the same failure could happen at any time, usually in the fast lane at 70 klicks, leaving your motor dead in the water (again). That is the prime reason I jumped ship, although other stoppers like steering column/lock and EPB to name but a few, also helped. IMHO, If its a PD, definitely move it on. If its a B6 at all, still think hard.
    63 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sport

Gone: 10MY Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto, Stornaway Grey. 55 SEAT Alhambra SX 130TDi (Grandad's taxi/shed) Freelander 2 TD4 SE manual, Rimini Red. 07 Passat Est SE 2.0 TDI 140 DSG Blue Graphite

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The garage has found one of the injectors to be playing up although the car does starts and drive. VW Head Office have authorised them to replace the remaining 3 injectors free of charge, one was replaced last year by the same garage. Well happy with the result, car should be back later on today. All sorted with no quibble and no hassle.

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did u pay for the one last year or was that done FOC? if you paid try to get that money back.

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice, although the one fitted last was done FOC too. They also told me that the DPF was 80% full so they cleared it for me for £96.

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Passat 2.0 tdi 140 sport has just suffer number 3 injector failure, AA towed me to the local dealer who have replaced all four injectors and loom with modified parts at no cost to me thankfully!

Was supprised how little effort it was to get them to agree, when I arrived they said they would likely only replace the faulty part, said I was not impressed when the engine cut out completely on a roundabout joining a dual carriageway with my wife and 2 young children in the car.

Picked the car up, all had been replaced!

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    How many miles has yours covered?

I have the same car. Touch wood no injectors have failed yet.

0 0 0

8. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    72k on the clock with full VW service history. Interestingly I asked the service guy how long the warrantly was on the new parts, he replied that there is no warrantly as I'd not paid anything towards the repair? Apparently this in VW policy but got me wondering how enforcable this would be in practice with all the other consumer protection legislation..... hopefully I won't have to test this out!

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Should also add its a 2006, 56 plate

0 0 0

10. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car is a 2007 Passat Sport TDI 170 with 92k on the clock with Full VW Service History.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast