2. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently had my 07 reg Passat with 121000 miles on that shut down due to an injector failure number one. I spoke direct with VOSA who told me there are discussions on going with the VW group and they advise that I speak with them. I contacted VW who had the car picked up from the house. They replaced all 4 injectors with an upgraded version and also a revised wiring loom. The car came back full valeted and the service history was updated to show the works carried out. Overall massively shocked by there apparent lack of fight they put up as I was expecting a battle to get anything

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This topic keeps sounding better to me! Although it isnt a VOSA type recall (its not listed on their website), it sounds as though VW have decided its worth it in customer satisfaction to replace injector & loom with updated parts. Perhaps its helped that VW is doing well on sales, selling 4m cars in 6 months. So long as these `updated` parts turn out to be reliable! I don't want Martin1810 having to take an updated injector apart to see why it failed

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vince47 View Post
    This topic keeps sounding better to me! Although it isnt a VOSA type recall (its not listed on their website), it sounds as though VW have decided its worth it in customer satisfaction to replace injector & loom with updated parts. Perhaps its helped that VW is doing well on sales, selling 4m cars in 6 months. So long as these `updated` parts turn out to be reliable! I don't want Martin1810 having to take an updated injector apart to see why it failed
    Any chance people whose injectors didn't fail can count on free injectors replacement or will we have to wait until they finally fail?
    2006 VW Passat SE 2.0 TDI 140 :: 18" Scirocco Alloys :: SAT NAV-DVD-MP3-BlueTooth :: Rear View Camera :: HID Xenon 6000K :: White LED Sides & Interior

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    This issue worries me every time I get in the car, particularly on long journeys on the motorway with the kids in the back. The only way to get peace of mind would be for VW to issue a recall as this is a safety issue in my mind, or to sell the car (which I am doing in October).

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car a 2007 Passat TDI Sport 170 shutdown today whilst accelerating, with Engine Workshop message and Glowplug light flashing.

I pulled over and I managed to restart it straight away. I believe this to be a injector fault although some members may disagree as some people the car shouldn't restart. This is not neccessarily true as the same thing to me last year when the the Engine Workshop message came up but car was fine. When I went to the start the car the next day it wouldn't start. It started fine a few times the night before after the message had appeared.

Car is fine at the moment, issue only happened this morning though. Should I contact VW Customer services to get it sorted in advance, I dont really want to wait before I break down.

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was able to start my last car a couple of times after my second injector failed. Both injectors failed on the motorway btw! The first time I had to get it recovered, but the second time I was able to coast of the motorway and into a carpark. In the car park it restarted a couple of times. I have a video on YouTube from when I was able to get it reatarted and then watch as the engine just cuts out.

I would get in touch with VW first. For those that have contacted VW, do you have a phone number or possible contact that dealt with your claim? Think that would be a massive help to others if it hasnt already been mentioned.

0 0 0

8. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info.

I have spoken to VW Customer Services on 0800 0833 920 who have logged a case and asked me to arrange for my car to looked at by a VW Dealer.

Car booked into my local dealer who will investigate the issue. Everyone involved was a bit vague about it being a known issue. Dealer wants a diagnostic fee which may be refunded if VW GB are happy to provide goodwill.

Will keep everyone posted.

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g-black View Post
    I would get in touch with VW first. For those that have contacted VW, do you have a phone number or possible contact that dealt with your claim? Think that would be a massive help to others if it hasnt already been mentioned.
    Just a spot of general advice from my own experience of dealing with VW Customer Services, nothing to do with injectors, but the principle is the same...............

Don't be surprised when dealing with the call centre monkeys if you get the brush off, or vague promises to call back followed by a Dear John letter a month later. Persevere. Insist on moving up the food chain to a supervisor, insist on everything they say being put in writing and if you can do so record your phone calls (don't worry, it's not illegal unless you do something particularly stupid with the recording).

The real trick is to admit defeat with the call centre in Yorkshire and track down someone at HQ in Milton Keynes who can make decisions. Once you have got someone who is paid more than minimum wage, they are remarkably good and you could even believe you are dealing with the VW of a bygone age.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

10. Re: Injector Failures - Possible recall 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amjidkhan1982 View Post
    thanks for the info.

I have spoken to vw customer services on 0800 0833 920 who have logged a case and asked me to arrange for my car to looked at by a vw dealer.

Car booked into my local dealer who will investigate the issue. Everyone involved was a bit vague about it being a known issue. Dealer wants a diagnostic fee which may be refunded if vw gb are happy to provide goodwill.

Will keep everyone posted.

take a print out of the attahced letter with you.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast