1. CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,having a few issues finding which wire to tap into on my CECM for wiring my auto-dimming mirror.

Can anybody give me a list of what all the connections on the plugs do?

I'm looking for the LIN BUS for the wipers (Supposed to be Violet/White on Plug F Pin 3) - Solid Violet on my CECM Plug

and the reversing light trigger (Supposed to be Black/Blue on Plug B Pin 4) - Empty Pin on my CECM plug

Any help?

Sam

0 0 0

2. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedeslimos View Post
    Hi all,having a few issues finding which wire to tap into on my CECM for wiring my auto-dimming mirror.

Can anybody give me a list of what all the connections on the plugs do?

I'm looking for the LIN BUS for the wipers (Supposed to be Violet/White on Plug F Pin 3) - Solid Violet on my CECM Plug

and the reversing light trigger (Supposed to be Black/Blue on Plug B Pin 4) - Empty Pin on my CECM plug

Any help?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same problem and trying to get wiring diagrams seems impossible. If you have then I would appreciate your help, if not then I will keep on trying and let you know if I hit gold.

0 0 0

3. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayhound View Post
    Hi Sam,

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same problem and trying to get wiring diagrams seems impossible. If you have then I would appreciate your help, if not then I will keep on trying and let you know if I hit gold.

heya, no luck so far. have a funny feeling i'll have to swap to a highline cecm for it first... and ideas about the pinouts?

0 0 0

4. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, I am just installing ElsaWin 3.9 and intend to check the pins to see which ones we need. I will keep you posted.

0 0 0

5. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For the mirror just tap into the interior light loom centre front. I did a thread on it before. It'll work just fine , and a handy fit too.
    Ex Passat B6 owner......to many retrofits to mention !

0 0 0

6. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, I am just installing ElsaWin 3.9 and intend to check the pins to see which ones we need. I will keep you posted.

great! i asked my friend to check the autodata in the vw dealers he works at, see if he can help...

0 0 0

7. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richiemac View Post
    For the mirror just tap into the interior light loom centre front. I did a thread on it before. It'll work just fine , and a handy fit too.
    i already have the dimming mirror working, apart from the reverse light wiring which i cant find! any idea which one is that?

its the light/rain sensor LIN bus that i cant find!

0 0 0

8. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedeslimos View Post
    heya, no luck so far. have a funny feeling i'll have to swap to a highline cecm for it first... and ideas about the pinouts?
    Hi, you will need a highline CECM I believe;

Rain Light Sensor
    Pin 1 - 5amp fuse (permanant live)
    Pin 2 - Earth
    Pin 3 - CECM Plug F Pin 3 (violet colour for 2008+)

Mirror
    Pin 1 - 5amp fuse (switched)
    Pin 2 - Earth
    Pin 3 - CECM Plug C pin 12 (2008+)
    Pin 6 - Blue plug in overhead light unit, pin 6

Using VCDS, code Central Electrics for rain sensor and in the Rain Sensor module, make sure that the correct glass is specified and make of car, otherwise the rain sensor will not work properly - was the last thing I had to get right.

Good luck!

0 0 0

9. Re: CECM Wiring Diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, you will need a highline CECM I believe;

Rain Light Sensor
    Pin 1 - 5amp fuse (permanant live)
    Pin 2 - Earth
    Pin 3 - CECM Plug F Pin 3 (violet colour for 2008+)

Mirror
    Pin 1 - 5amp fuse (switched)
    Pin 2 - Earth
    Pin 3 - CECM Plug C pin 12 (2008+)
    Pin 6 - Blue plug in overhead light unit, pin 6

Using VCDS, code Central Electrics for rain sensor and in the Rain Sensor module, make sure that the correct glass is specified and make of car, otherwise the rain sensor will not work properly - was the last thing I had to get right.

Good luck!
    got most of them, just the lin bus and reverse trigger left.

Got the violet wire at plug f pin 3 yeah. will tap that one for the lin bus so!

what about the plug c pin 12? mine is a may 2006 car... wiring diagram says black/red

the glass was replaced recently for a good one with the sensor hole, so all good there, pilkington glass too. need a new rain sensor I think, got the front cover next to the glass missing, the bit that has to be glued. any ideas where to get a good cheap one?

0 0 0