Notices

User Tag List

Thread: power steering rack part number?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Re: power steering rack part number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry If I post to wrong forum, but I have had steering rack problem for year now. I have 2003 Touran 1.6 FSI. I have bought second hand unit ja refurbished unit. Both of them worked for week. I would like to buy brand new unit. Orig part number is 1K1909143K which is first gen with four bolt mount. Id like to buy new unit. Could someone please help and give the replacement part number(s) because 1K1909143K is not manufacture anymore.

chassis number: WVGZZZ1TZ3W017349

0 0 0

2. Re: power steering rack part number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    You have to fit a Gen3 unit with the conversion harness. If you private message me your cars Vehicle Identification Number I can tell you the genuine numbers and the part number to buy a new ZF rack from Bosch. Early PQ35 platform cars with a Gen1 rack often also require subframe and consul changes to accommodate the new rack.

As you were, I see your VIN, I will get back later.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: power steering rack part number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    ETKA FI suggestion says you need

1K1 423 055 MX steering gear
    1K1 971 111 AJ harness for servotronic
    1K0 199 313 AL sub-frame
    1K0 199 296 J bracket

There is a Bosch recon exchange rack under part number K S01 002 838 or a new unit that does require the additional parts under number K S00 000 776

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: power steering rack part number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank a lot for the answer. Stupid question: what does "here is a Bosch recon exchange rack under part number K S01 002 838" mean? I only have to buy this unit and will install with old subframe and harness?

0 0 0

5. Re: power steering rack part number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi and sorry for dredging up a really old post but ive been doing alot of research and came across this thread.

I have a mk5 golf and the steering rack has play so i am looking at getting a 2nd hand replacement for it.

I have the rack off and believe it to be a gen 2 rack.

Only part number i can see is

1K2 909 144 M which im assuming is just the electric pump bit.

I have found a fair few that are local but i am not sure which part number/s would be a direct replacement and which ones i would need the harness for too.

Regards

0 0 0

6. Re: power steering rack part number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just stumbled upon this long and informative topic.
    I have a Touran 2004
    1.6fsi, VIN WVGZZZ1TZ5W030704, BLP040573 engine, 09G auto gearbox, car has done 178K miles,
    I think it still has the original steering rack, not sure if it is GEN1, 2, or 3.
    Latest problem is amber steering light comes on occasionally, sometimes red, then goes away. My garage say there is intermittent communication on Canbus wires somewhere in the length of the steering loom.
    Does anyone please know part number of loom I need to buy to replace the suspected faulty one.
    Alternatively, part number of a later replacement rack, and its associated loom.

0 0 0

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910