1. Question 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have read terrible stories about TDI 140 2.0 diesel engines manufactured in late 2005 / early 2006 that are prone to develop a terminal fault with their chain driven oil pump / balance shaft which can result in a faulty turbo or even the whole engine.

According to many articles on the Internet, VW have started to install the revised spur gear drive for the oil pump at some point in 2006.

As my car is 2006 I would like to check if it is fitted with the old chain driven oil pump or rather revised gear driven one.

Can anyone on the forum check this if I provide the VIN number?

0 1 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Look up for older posts someone put down the Vin No but i havent heard of one for long time.ta

0 1 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I have put the VIN in a few posts on here but the trouble is it is vague, a few months either way as even VAG are not sure. If you are worried, PM me the VIN and I will check it.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 2 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I have put the VIN in a few posts on here but the trouble is it is vague, a few months either way as even VAG are not sure. If you are worried, PM me the VIN and I will check it.
    PM sent.

0 1 0

5. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Am new to forum. I am currently in "discussions" with VW Ireland re; oil pump failure in my 06 VW Passat 2.0tdi. Has anybody anybody anybody any concrete evidence that VW were aware of the problem? Or has anyone had any recourse from VW for a similar problem?

0 1 0

6. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crasher

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your answer about potential oilpump/shaft failures. I have just bought a 56 plate 2.0 TDi Sport (42,000 miles) and managed to get the injectors changed before any failures using the excellent advice from the forum. If I give you the VIN are you still able to tell if it is possibly in the affected batch? W......3CZ7P021348. The dealer I bought the car from changed the cambelt and water pump for me when I bought the car.

Hope I am worrying about nothing and that you don't mind me asking. I can't PM as I haven't posted enough.

Saw your info on the Vulcan on your signature. I work with one of the pilots, and they need all the help they can get to keep the aircraft in the air.

Cheers
    Last edited by paynes1; 04-10-2011 at 09:13 PM.

0 1 0

7. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    That chassis number is well clear of the danger area which was roughly up to WVWZZZ3CZ6P070000 which was cars built at Mosel in Germany up to August 2005 and yours was made in July 2006.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

8. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,

Apologies for asking the question again, as you got this so many times in the past. I have a 56 plate 2.0 TDi Sport same as paynes1 above. I just went through an expensive overhaul of the rear two brake calipers (leaking fluid) and e-motors due to crack in housings (and now living in New Zealand any work on VW is very $$$$$), I then googled common problems with the B6 and found the oil pump horror. My car was a 56 plate in London but was registered in 2007, the VIN is W....3CZ7E143444 it is a BKP engine and was wondering whether this was a chained or geared? I tried to google it myself with the VIN but don't know how. Many Thanks, Rob

0 1 0

9. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,
    in the post you mention the BKP engines up to August 2005 as being the main culprits for oil pump problems. Does this mean that all VAG 2.0 Ltr Diesels built after this date would be OK? And did it apply only to engines built in Mosel?
    Thanks for your Post, when I was searching for a car earlier this year, I deliberately set the search filters to exclude ALL VAG 2.0 Diesels.......

0 0 0

10. Re: 2.0 TDI 140 BKP Engine and Oil Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car is a dec2005 and suffered the same issue , my advice sell and move away at least untill common rail came into use( if you want to stay VAG)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast