Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.
    I have an A8 2008 mod. 3.0 TDI and having some issues regarding the fingerprint system.
    The key-less system as such works with both keys and unlocking puts the mirrors, seat, belt and steering wheel acc. to memory.
    However there is no light in the keys when approaching the car, only when pressing the unlock/lock button.
    But when I`m trying to register a user it doesn`t work quit that good.
    I can`t program the one touch memory via MMI. If I follow the menu in the MMI: "Car - Users - User 1 - Select Finger", the error message "Communication error. Please try again." is displayed immediately on selecting a finger. If I press the start button while selecting a finger, the message "Please release identification sensor." is displayed. On releasing the start button "Communication error. Please try again." is displayed.
    Setting Car - Systems - Seats - Drivers Seat - One-touch Memory to 'on' immediately changes back to 'off' no matter if the Remote Key setting is set to "on" or "off"
    Every time I start the car I have the picture of a fingerprint in dash saying that the user is not recognized, it stays on for about 5 sec.
    Anyone have any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: A8 fingerprint memory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vcds scan with address 05 fault codes highlighted

post current mmi software version in engineering mode

default mmi and reset, also replace the key fob battery

re initiate personal settings

0 0 0

3. Re: A8 fingerprint memory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SW Version.jpg

Thanks for fast reply a8 tech, but I do not have access to VCDS tool yet.
    Attached is my SW version, I have the 5570 CD`s but I`m not sure if I should do the update due to all
    the warnings here on the forum. Anyway I need to read myself up on that before updating.
    -Battery is new but still no light in key when I approaching the car, is it supposed to?
    -What do you mean with "default MMI and reset"? Do I need VCDS to do this or is it the reset mentioned
    in the manual that came with car?
    -On YouTube there is a couple of videos about "The hidden green menu" in MMI but unclear if I can do
    any modifications or alterations that could affect this issue of mine. Anyone have any info ons this?
    skahak

0 0 0

4. Re: A8 fingerprint memory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to bump such an old thread - I have the exact same problem on my 2003 D3. Keyless entry works fine (doors unlock when I go for the door handle), finger print start button for ignition/starting engine works fine (though it says user not recognised). But when I try to set my user up on the car, after selecting which finger to scan I instantly get "Transmission error. Please try again". I'm assuming Audi updated my car to 5570 during the last service or maybe the one before (before I owned the car). If I set driver's seat one-touch memory from off to on, it immediately switches back to off.

I've read about the 5570 update changing the coding for the fingerprint sensor to the newer version (as there are two types, older and newer) - resulting in the sensor not functioning properly until it is set back via VCDS. Anyone got more on this? Googled the hell out of it and can't find a concrete answer. Don't have access to VCDS just yet. Also noticed a lot of the useful functions get removed too - like Battery meter, oil level, service interval and instrument cluster - mine has lost all of these which from reading also seems to be a result of the 5570 update.

TIA

0 0 0

5. Re: A8 fingerprint memory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    8 day no reply bump

0 0 0

6. Re: A8 fingerprint memory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a similar problem when I bought my Approved Used A8, just couldn't get the sensor to pick up up my fingerprint. No end of cleaning and re-reading of the manual helped. In the end took it back to the dealer for investigation and the fingerprint module was replaced. Don't know the details of part numbers etc but I did have a shiny new fingerprint button as part of the fix. Worked faultlessly ever since. Mine was the button which looks like a solar powered calculator sensor. I suspect there is a design fault with this button was changed to a round silver start button on newer models.

Hope this helps.

Kamal
    A8 3.0L petrol 2004

0 0 0

7. Re: A8 fingerprint memory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply dude. I thought the round silver start buttons were for cars with no fingerprint memory?

Quote Originally Posted by y2kamal View Post
    Had a similar problem when I bought my Approved Used A8, just couldn't get the sensor to pick up up my fingerprint. No end of cleaning and re-reading of the manual helped. In the end took it back to the dealer for investigation and the fingerprint module was replaced. Don't know the details of part numbers etc but I did have a shiny new fingerprint button as part of the fix. Worked faultlessly ever since. Mine was the button which looks like a solar powered calculator sensor. I suspect there is a design fault with this button was changed to a round silver start button on newer models.

Hope this helps.

Kamal
    A8 3.0L petrol 2004

0 0 0