Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all,

Sorry for having to post a question when i haven't been here for a while..........

But..

I've just bought some Audi TT 17" alloys (5 spoke) to put on my Audi A3 (2002 1.9 tdi sport) and i come to put them on and the holes didn't line up. So after some research it would seem i'll need pcd adapters to make them fit, my only problem is these will be just under £200 and i'm concerned that with these adapters i may still have trouble fitting them?

Are there likely to be more problems with scrubbing the arches or sticking out too far or will they fit straight on?

My current wheels are the standard 15" Audi 5 spookes, i'm told they are 6J-ET38 (whatever that means) and the new wheels are 8J-ET47

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Byro

0 0 0

2. Re: New Shape Audi TT 17" to my Audi A3 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    6J-ET38 means that your wheels are 6 inches wide, with an inset of 38mm (the centreline of the wheel is 38mm closer to the middle of the car than the mounting face of the wheel).

So, the new wheels are 2 inches (50mm) wider than the old ones, with an extra 9mm of offset. This will put the inner rim 32mm further in towards your suspension springs, and the outer rim 14mm further out towards your wheel arches.

What size tyres are you going to put on them? because this may alter your gearing, which will affect your speedo, acceleration and economy.

So, I'd think you might be having problems scrubbing the arches, AND scrubbing the suspension / wheel arch liners.

I think you might end up putting your new wheels back on ebay, and then having a good think about: tyre width; aspect ratio; rolling radius; offset; pitch circle diameter; spigot size. Then you might be able to find a set of wheels and tyres that will fit.

Have a read of the car bibles - tyres for lots of useful information about wheels and tyres (I've hotlinked the page about wheel dimensions).
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

0 0 0

3. Re: New Shape Audi TT 17" to my Audi A3 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks alot for the info,

The tyres on them are 225 50 17's

I used to have a golf with rs8 18" alloys on and it was fine so i thought that these would fit no problem!

Oh well, eBay it is then

Thanks again

0 0 0

4. Re: New Shape Audi TT 17" to my Audi A3 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In case anyone is interested in the wheels then click here