Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I had my passat delivered on friday, Very Nice just noticed this afternoon that the TPMS is not displaying in the MDI, not just the tyre pressures the whole thing.

The car is a Sport so it definatley should have them, is there a quick "thing" I can do or is it back to the dealers ?

Any advice would be greatly received
    VW CC GT in Dark Oak, 2.0TDi Bluemotion, Truffle Leather Interior with Ebony Trim - Now Arrived

VW Passat B7 Saloon in Night Blue, 2.0TDi Sport Bluemotion - Now Gone

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it only displayed when there was pressure drop?
    Lupo 6X 1.0 SE Black Sharan 7N 2.0 Bluemotion SE DSG Pantheon Grey

0 0 0

3. Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Sport has the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, which displays the actual pressure per each individual tyre, regardless of whether the pressure drops. The one your thinking of is the Tyre Monitor Display, which lights up when the rolling circumference of the tyre changes, indicating a drop in pressure.
    VW CC GT in Dark Oak, 2.0TDi Bluemotion, Truffle Leather Interior with Ebony Trim - Now Arrived

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aaaah I see. Do you have to tick a box to display it in the computer by any chance?

0 0 0

5. Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't see one, it should be displayed under the settings menu I think, I get the service due Info then nothing else, I can't see any other reference, I wonder if it needs to be "plugged" in to a VAG pc or something ?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could be. I'm sure your dealer will help out if needs be.

0 0 0

7. Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    D4D,

I am having the same issue, I have spoken to the dealer and he believes that the tyre pressures are only displayed when the pressure drops. But reading the manual it sounds like it should display in the MFD at the start of every journey.

My dealer did say drop the car in and he will have a look but I am unable to get there until next week.
    I will update the thread then but if you get yours sorted before can you update so I can go in with more info.

Cheers

Steve

0 0 0

8. Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Steve, sounds like a fob off that one, you can definatly view the pressures when ever you like.

I had a loan car for a week as mine was late, a 2.0tdi sport estate, which is the same trim level as my car, the pressures were displayed "live" and even increased on the display as the tyres warmed when you were driving !

0 0 0

9. Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    D4D,

I think the sales guy was not sure, but they did say he would get some to look at it when I can drop it in. Problem is I am not in the area during the day until late next week. It is interesting that the loan estate car had it working but we have both got the sport saloon and nothing.

Did your loan car have the standard wheels "Minneapolis" ?

I took delivery of the car last thursday (26th) I been wondering if its a spec issue? I ordered it in January, and on the price list description of the sport it says tyre pressure monitoring, but under the factory options it is not filled in.

Let us know how you get on if you go to your dealer before next week.

Steve

0 0 0

10. Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Steve,
    I won't get to the dealer until next week either, but as soon as I hear I'll post up. I think you've hit on something with the Minneapolis wheels though, the loaner had the no cost optional wheels, Fontana I think they were called, somewhere in darkest recesses of my mind I seem to remember reading that if you chose those wheels instead of Minneapolis you "got something extra". Maybe the tyre display ?
    Last edited by D4D; 01-06-2011 at 12:11 PM.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast