Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good Morning all,

I'm new to the site so apologies if I'm duplicating any questions that have been covered before!

Before I start can I say a big thankyou to all the contributors on here for all the formative and useful information, as a lurker for the past couple of months, the helpful information provided went a long way to help make my decision to purchase a VW Passat!

I'm picking up my 2008 Estate Sport 170 over the weekend and can't wait! It's covered 40K and is in mint condition! Looks great in black too!

I just really need a few hints and tips in on what to look out for in terms of potential problems over the next few months? I would want them to be rectified in the warranty period to save any surprising bills outside the 6 months!

Thanks in advance for any help and look forward to contributing to this board over the coming months

Matt
    2008 VW Passat 170 Sport Estate

0 0 0

2. Re: Newbie and Newbie VW Owner! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate welcome to the forum!

Good choice on joining the VW world, the Passat is a great motor and I'm sure you'll have lots of trouble free miles.

As with most forum lots of members join when they develop a problem or need an answer to something, so lots of topics posted on here and other forum generally can give a negative view of a car. The best advice I think anyone can give is just get regular maintenance - check fluid levels, tyre pressures and generally look after your car and with luck you should be fine.

There have been lots of problems reported - injectors being the biggest issue (mainly on the 140 tdi engine but some 170's) but in all honesty until you get the problem it cant be fixed. Same goes for any issues regarding tranmission or clutch related things unless you drive like a numpty flat out everywhere you cant really predict what problems you are going to get.

Just be happy with your purchase and keep up with service intervals and you should be fine, they're a helpfull bunch on here though, so if a problem develops do a search first and if you cant find the answer start a new post and i'm sure someone will respond.

Post some pics up when you get it!
    MY07 B6 Passat 140 SE TDI

0 0 0

3. Re: Newbie and Newbie VW Owner! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate same here welcome. which engine are you getting the pd up to 2008 or cr 2008 on. the reason i ask is its the pd engine which has the problems which the injectors. the cr engine seems to have different injectors and is common rail which makes it much smoother and refined.

dont dont panic if you have the pd engine i also have the pd engine in my 170 sport on a 07 plate and its a great engine and car. just enjoy your motor.

0 0 0

4. Re: Newbie and Newbie VW Owner! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Good luck with it, and make sure you get both 'keys'.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0