Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear

1. A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have just bought a 2007 A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro, I don't know if this is normal but when setting off it seems to have a flat spot in 1st. Not sure if this is normal for this engine and whether its because of the Quattro.

I bought it from Audi so has a years warranty, would they tell me if its normal or would this be chargeable?

Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Flat spot should not be down to the quattro but take it back to the dealers and get them to check.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    And what engine has it got ?
    The diesels have the torque restricted in first gear
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car is a 170BHP version. Its going to Audi on Thursday morning. It just feels short of power when setting off in first gear.

The wife pulled out onto a roundabout last week and the car felt like it went momentarily into safe mode then shot off.

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrispyL View Post
    The car is a 170BHP version. Its going to Audi on Thursday morning. It just feels short of power when setting off in first gear.

The wife pulled out onto a roundabout last week and the car felt like it went momentarily into safe mode then shot off.
    That sounds like a characteristic (unfortunate as it is). Not really a flat spot; rather a flat start. Anything less than 2000 revs and it will probably stall, so feeding-in the clutch takes some getting used to (although its unnatural with a cold engine).

I was told it was because of emissions compliance, but I guess it can be mapped out. Ask Ben at Shark Performance what it is and how to get rid of it.

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    That sounds like a characteristic (unfortunate as it is). Not really a flat spot; rather a flat start. Anything less than 2000 revs and it will probably stall, so feeding-in the clutch takes some getting used to (although its unnatural with a cold engine).
    The car pulls away fine even with revs below 1000rpm, as the revs climb in first it get to about 2000rpm and the pull seems to stop momentarily, then off it goes again.

Thursday morning on my way to work it was struggling to pull in any gear, I can only explain it as like when I used to have a mini and when it was damp it used to judder like a miss fire!

Anyway, had it in at Audi today and they put it on the diagnostic machine and no fault codes present, so the guy explained the car is fine and nothing wrong with it!! He also said that the technician had driven it around the workshop and he couldn't see anything wrong.

It must be OK then........

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The cars been at Audi today, I took the technician out to demonstrate the problem and he said he could feel the hesitation and could be down to a dirty injector.

After the day with the car I got a call to say there is nothing wrong with it, they have had it on a diagnostic machine (again) and no fault codes read. The service bloke said that although the technician felt the hesitation it wasn't that bad so its ok! They haven't checked any injectors or cleaned them and I have to wait until it goes completely.

Could this be the start of the dreaded injector problem?

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 S-line Special Edition Quattro - Seems flat when pulling away in 1st gear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I've just had my injectors and loom replaced, and I thought it was a placebo effect, but my wife also notice an improvement in smoothness and ease of pulling away. A forum on another post was singingthe praises of BG244, so may be worth a shot. I only know what I read on their website: www.powerenhancer.co.uk

0 0 0