Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi guys,
    somethings been bugging me recently!

I've always noticed and thought my horn was not "man enough" for the car and thought about changing it. Even the horn on my wife's Passat sounds much meatier!!!

Its especially noticeable when the alarm goes off....really really wimpy and would struggle to get anyones attention IMHO. I think I'm right in saying that these should be two tone, so I guess its possible that one could be kaputt.....Does anyone have any ideas / thoughts on this or have either considered it or possibly done it?

I've been looking for some time at hornblasters.com.....lol
    Ok, so wayyyyyy OTT but what a horn......I'd really like to consider upgrading this at some point and would welcome any positive contributions.

TIA

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

2. Re: Horn Upgrade! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know what you mean about noting being very mannly.... but how often do you use your horn? or should I say how often should you use your horn?

I drove my wife's car and found the horn didn't work. When I asked her when was the last time she had used it she said she had never ever used it. That's 3 years!

Now I'm off to think of a joke about being horny!

0 0 0

3. Re: Horn Upgrade! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey Dave, so you agree that the horn is a little "pathetic" on the A6 I guess?
    Well mine is anyway....

As for using the horn? No probably not a lot to be honest, but its nice to know its there.
    There's always the going round roundabouts and the usual guys who just blast on through cutting you up etc, guys wavering over the white line, that kinda thing....Ita always usueful to have a decent horn that can be heard to be used as a warning as per the intended use.

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

4. Re: Horn Upgrade! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I think the horn for the alarm is a stand alone unit ie...not the car horn.
    Audi alarm horns are quiet on all models.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

5. Re: Horn Upgrade! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Kite, thanks for the reply and the info.
    I'll be visiting the local dealer shortly to pick my car up ....see my "ESP FAULT" post for further info and will ask the question about the horn and also the alarm

0 0 0

6. Re: Horn Upgrade! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would find out where it is and have a look at the wiring. I would expect that is would be simple, two wire 12v feed from a relay in which case you should be easily be able to fit one from another car which uses a two wire set-up.

How are you going to choose the horn you want to use? If you want simply loud I have twin air horns on my track car which will wake up most un-observant drivers but I am not sure the pitch would suit an Audi.

Didn't Halfords use to sell dixi tunes? LOL that would be entertaining (but illegal).

0 0 0

7. Re: Horn Upgrade! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timdave25 View Post
    I would find out where it is and have a look at the wiring. I would expect that is would be simple, two wire 12v feed from a relay in which case you should be easily be able to fit one from another car which uses a two wire set-up.

How are you going to choose the horn you want to use? If you want simply loud I have twin air horns on my track car which will wake up most un-observant drivers but I am not sure the pitch would suit an Audi.

Didn't Halfords use to sell dixi tunes? LOL that would be entertaining (but illegal).
    TBH - I don't really know and will have to do some research I guess, but just know that its not right and not appropriate for the car!
    Thanks

0 0 0