Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Golf 2002 EPC Light on ( Engine Management System )

1. VW Golf 2002 EPC Light on ( Engine Management System ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a 1.6 petrol 2002 VW Golf. I noticed this mornign that the EPC light was constantly lit

Read the manual and it said , this is a problem with the engine management system and to bring it to your nearest Volkswagen Dealer

I had the coils replaced about 3 weeks ago because the Lambda sensor probe was on !!!

I presume this EPC error message could be anything and the problem can be wide and varied when this light is on and not just down to one specific thing ??

Padraig
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by padrag_king View Post
    Hi,

I have a 1.6 petrol 2002 VW Golf. I noticed this mornign that the EPC light was constantly lit

Read the manual and it said , this is a problem with the engine management system and to bring it to your nearest Volkswagen Dealer

I had the coils replaced about 3 weeks ago because the Lambda sensor probe was on !!!

I presume this EPC error message could be anything and the problem can be wide and varied when this light is on and not just down to one specific thing ??

Padraig
    exactly....

if the epc/ems light is on, you need to get the car fault read mate... dont be driving it around at all until you have done so.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the light blinks you need to get it towed, do not drive it.

If the light is on all the time, it's ok to drive it, but as said, get it checked out.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.
    0 0 0

4. Epc 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI,

thanks for the quick replies. So, as long as light is constantly on, there is no immediate danger. May not be able to make it to garage till Tomorrow : ))
    0 0 0

5. Re: VW Golf 2002 EPC Light on ( Engine Management System ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI,

So, as long as light is constantly on, there is no immediate danger. When to a

garage cost me £300 for new throttle sensor, the EPC light still comes on

every so often. What else may be up ???
    0 0 0

6. Re: VW Golf 2002 EPC Light on ( Engine Management System ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's happened to my 1.6 Fsi Mk5 just five days after I had it from an auction.

I was driving along at 30mph, the car lost power and almost stalled. I pulled over and turned it off then on again and since then no probs. I even did a 300mile round trip yesterday and the car ran beautifully. 45+MPG and very nippy with it.
    0 0 0

7. Re: VW Golf 2002 EPC Light on ( Engine Management System ) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looking in to the break lights , bulbs seem to be lasting no time, this ive heard

can cause the EPC light to come on ..........................
    0 0 0