1. Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My 140 CR (CBA B engine, 17k miles) is sometimes a little lumpy and uneven on a light throttle load. No major issues but it just isn't right. It's had a dose of diesel additive which hasn't improved things and the problem is independant of where I buy fuel from. The tank never gets into the red zone so it's not sucking rubbish up.

I had it in the dealer at service time last year and reported the problem, along with some lack of smoothness on take up and gear changing. They changed the mechatronic unit in the DSG. This was a major improvement in driveablility but the underlying lumpiness is still there occasionally.

The car is about to run out of warranty and I don't want to get goosed for anything expensive like injectors when it is 3 years and a day old.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of changing the fuel filter as a precaution, but could it be anything I need to hot foot it to the dealer for?
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

2. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Mine has the BKP engine, and has been a bit lumpy and hesitant when warming up, but only when outside temps were about 16 degrees and above - I had it serviced and MOT'd a couple of weeks ago, and had the fuel filter replaced (I bought a Bosch one for it) and its been spot on ever since.

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

2 0 0

3. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would be changing the filters if they haven't been done yet. Going by the service book, you prob won't have had any filters changed yet. Treat it to a new air fuel oil and pollen filter with an oil change and go from there

0 0 0

4. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having the same problem, service is due 1000 miles so hopefully the car should be back to normal if not, slighlty faster
    For Sale: VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport

0 0 0

5. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Let us know how you go on, I suspect your 1000 miles will go quicker than my warranty runs out!
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?

1 0 0

6. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g-black View Post
    I would be changing the filters if they haven't been done yet. Going by the service book, you prob won't have had any filters changed yet. Treat it to a new air fuel oil and pollen filter with an oil change and go from there
    Checked the air filter - it's clean. Oil filter changed at service 3k ago. I'll probably do the fuel filter as a precaution. I'm reasonably confident it's not pollen filter related

0 0 0

7. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't get to see how dirty my filters were, as I left the job to my friendly mechanic, however I did replace the pollen filter myself, and the one that came out was horrendously dirty - if all the filters were in similar nick, no wonder the car felt better for being serviced.

I also wonder if the make of filter might have anything to do with it? I'm not saying that the OEM filter is bad in any way, but I wondered if the replacement filter might be of an improved design, especially coming from a company like Bosch?

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

0 0 0

8. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Let us know how you go on, I suspect your 1000 miles will go quicker than my warranty runs out!
    Will let you know. service is now due 700 miles, I have booked the car for Longlife service next week!
    For Sale: VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport

0 0 0

9. Re: Lumpy Running 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is now crying out for a service. It's now always idling at 1000rpm and the fans keep kicking in. I assume it's just a good service it needs?

0 0 0

10. Re: Lumpy Running 
    DSG4ME Guest
    Get some inj cleaner in the tank if it's doing that, something isn't right @ 1000rpm idle, should be around 800rpm, sounds like an over rich mixture, or maybe your timing is out, have you had a new cambelt recently?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast