1. a6 2.5 v6 quattro 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all , i recently upgraded my a4 1.9 tdi for a a6 2.5 v6 quattro and am trying to figure out a small problem,
    i am not sure wether the car is boosting right or not, i know the a6 is a heavy car and the quattro takes some power but my uncles a4 2.5 throws you back in the seat mine does not. i can hear the turbo whistling now and again and there is no black smoke at all even when you floor it , to be honest if you give a little throttle it seems to go better than if u give it full throttle.
    i have checked the pipes going to wastegate and it seems to be sucking the wastegate open fully on idle, is that supposed to happen ?
    i cant hear any ic pipes leaking so im not sure whats going on,
    if you are doing like 50 in third then go up to 5th or 6 th gear it should pull but it doesnt.
    if the maf was faulty wouldnt it be smoking ? i tried unplugging it and there is no difference to how it runs ? i plugged in vagcom and cleared all the faults and is now showing no faults after a 100 miles or so.
    i am baffled lol, any ideas or help where to start would be very helpfull please.
    thanks all malc.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate had a v.quick read of ur thread and mine (same engine but not quattro) has the boost cut out in 4th/5th gear at about 2000rpm, a brief internet search has shown a few results mentioning the diaphragm actuator in the turbo being faulty, when i look more in to it ill post back here and keep you updated, would u please do the same?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. A6 2.5 tdi Quattro fault codes-HELP!
    By pugville in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 09:38 PM
  3. Hard selecting reverse on A6 Quattro tdi sport 2.5
    By dean warren in forum A6 - S6 - RS6 - - Archive Topics
    Replies: 2