1. audi 3.0 diesel intake manifold runner motor problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi guys, , the light came on dash the day i bought the car, to cut a long story short i have pluged it into a code reader and the codes cam up as:
    p2011 intake manifold runner control circuit/open

p2008 intake manifold runner control circuit/open bank 1

p2011 intake manifold runner control circuit/open bank 2

so this means that both banks are gone????
    Last edited by daniel_3855; 31-05-2011 at 05:53 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: audi 3.0 diesel intake manifold runner motor problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hello Daniel,

I have exactly the same problem, p2008 and p2011 but banks 1a and 2a.

Did you get the problem fixed and if so what was it and how much was the repair?

Fuel consumption is a bit high and there is a little soot around the exhaust tailpipes. The tailpipes on my wifes A4 Cab with the same engine are as clean as a whistle.

I look forward to hearing from you or anyone else with some suggestions.

Regards, Michael

0 0 0

3. Re: audi 3.0 diesel intake manifold runner motor problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I own a 3.0 litre a4 year 2007, and i too have the same problem as yourselves, i only found this problem after purchasing the full version of vcds.
    I have had this problem for over 15 months, bank 1 motor toasted, the one nearest the turbo, bank 2 motor ok, but detached from the intake manifold, i think courtesy of hereford audi.
    Anyway to repair, which really means replacing will, with labour cost in excess of £1500, audi argue the manifolds should be changed at the same time, now having had the problem for over a year i have learned to live with it, it probably costs a couple more pound a year in fuel and throws the emissions light now and again, i have not failed an MOT since the problem surfaced.
    Although i state i use more fuel because of the faults, i,m talking miniscule amounts, checking my computer i am still acheiving 44-46 on motorway driving, backed up by a fill and refill test and a bit of mathematics.

This problem seems to be getting more prominent on vag forums especially the 3.0 litre versions, its surprising how many 3.0 litre owners are driving with this fault without knowing.
    If you want to check yours operates correctly, get a freind, after removing the engine cover to start the car, you should see 1 motor near the turbo and the other, i think just in front, these should actuate with engine start, performing an open and close sequence, or better still test with vcds.

john
    2007 A4 saloon 3.0Tdi Tdv QUATTRO.
    Phantom black - Xenons, Bose, Heated Valcona, Cruise, Colour DIS, Satnav, front and rear sensors.
    Hex-USB+CAN VCDS, with a lot to learn.

0 0 0

4. Re: audi 3.0 diesel intake manifold runner motor problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I had my manifold runners replaced under warranty from Audi on my 2008 A6 3.0TDi (63k) after a engine management light illuminated one afternoon. After scanning with VCDS it was found that the Bank 1 at fault.

I rang Audi and it was booked in and both replaced under warranty. I was told at the end that the parts + labour came to the higher end of £2k so Im glad I took my warranty out

Im not sure how long it took them to fix it but they had it atleast a week as I was in Scotland at the time in a courtesy Q5.

Also the 3.0TDi's are prone to the Runners going south for some reason.

0 0 0

5. Re: audi 3.0 diesel intake manifold runner motor problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Edit - Double post.

0 0 0

6. Re: audi 3.0 diesel intake manifold runner motor problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. It is a very old trade. I will like to open it again. I have a 05 Audi A6 3.0 tdi. Big mileage 220k. I was having a rattle around 1800 rpm. The fault was intake manifold bank 1. I replace the all unit. The car was driving like new, for only few days. Check the faults, and surprise was bank 2 this time. Order a new intake bank 2. Fit it, no joy. And now comes the strangest thing ever and nobody can explain what is wrong. Plug in the socket to the bank2 motor, works perfect , the new one and the old one, turn of the ignition, back on, and is not working anymore, only if I unplug the socket and put it back on. We check the ECU and sends the signal to the motor but is not operating, open close. I'm desperate. Please help

0 0 0