1. oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    great. just got the car yesterday and turn it on to say "oil pressure turn engine off" with the red can light. any ideas what the problem could be? i checked oil and levels are fine and fuel is low as i intended to fill it up today. what a joke!

0 0 0

2. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    What year, what engine code ??

0 0 0

3. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it is the 2.0 TDi engine with the BKP engine, under no circumstances try and drive it until you get it checked out as it could be the oil pump drive gear that has failed. Even if there is oil in there, you could still destroy the engine as the oil pump may not be working.

0 0 0

4. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin1810 View Post
    What year, what engine code ??
    2006 and dont know about engine code as ive only just got the B6.

its a 170bhp dsg sel engine

edit:
    just topped it up with some engine oil and refilled the tank and it starts first time without any signs or anything. reckon it was the low fuel?

0 0 0

5. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, low fuel has got nothing to do with the oil pressure. My concern is that the oil pump drive may have failed therefore there will be no oil pressure in the engine. I think this is a problem on the 2.0 170bhp engine as well as the 140 - at the end of the day it could be just a sensor that has failed but I wouldn't risk driving it until you get a garage to check as if the pump drive has failed you will destroy the engine. Just try Googling 'Passat B6 oil pump drive failure' and you should find plenty of reports.

1 0 0

6. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I assume you don't have the fault message now. Looks like you will have to drive and see if the stop light comes up again. With luck it is just an error.

0 0 0

7. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    DSG4ME Guest
    You probably will be looking at £1500 in a few days time, are you sure it was pressure and not level message, your engine is one of the pump fail ones and when it goes it just takes the lot out in one go, you might have had a second chance, but it will be the only one you get, if VCDS can measure pressure you need to get it checked asap, that way you will still be looking at £500 to fix, but it's a third of what it will be if it goes.

0 0 0

8. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too had the exact same problem.. Check oil! and the oil symbol flashed once. Since then nothing has come up, the engine oil is fine.

Just 1 question: I can't identify if the oil is on min, mid or max? Sounds daft, but whenever I check the dipstick the top circular shape on the stick is on that mark, and the middle part is bone dry? But then at the same time the oil mark is on the min line. Very confusing

Hope that makes sense? If not I will post a pic, to make things much clearer.
    For Sale: VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport

0 0 0

9. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "oil pressure turn engine off"
    Thats strange
    Had that up on dash when my car stopped dead the other month
    £700.00 for a new injector
    Must admit it would not start at all
    Bought a warranty since

0 0 0

10. Re: oil pressure stop engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMcCoy View Post
    "oil pressure turn engine off"
    Thats strange
    Had that up on dash when my car stopped dead the other month
    £700.00 for a new injector
    Must admit it would not start at all
    Bought a warranty since
    can i ask what warranty you got? is it from warranty direct? and are you sure they will replace fault injectors?

and nope nothing. i really do think it was a little fault or sensor issue. it was parked on the driveway too. running smooth and fine since (touches wood)

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast