1. Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have just filled up with diesel for the first time and have, on a brim to brim calculation achieved 44.1 mpg. A little disppointing given that the computer was telling that 47mpg was being achieved. The 600 miles covered about 350 motorway miles and 250 country commuter miles.

I am probably driving this car faster that my old 2.5tdi A6 which gave about the same mpg, so not musch of an improvement yet. Lets see if after a few 000 miles things might change. After all its 139CO2 is much better than the old 186CO2 emissions.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

2. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have just filled my tank for the second time and completed 611 miles using 60.8 litres. That makes it 45.7mpg and that is when the computer indicated 48.0mpg.

0 0 0

3. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Third fill up, but this time very litttle motorway driving, and some very fast high speed testing. 575 miles on 61 ltrs, so 42.8mpg and the computer reads 43.9mpg. The computer seems to be getting more accurate???

0 0 0

4. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that would be the case I think that as it learns your driving style and has more data to work with the accuracy should pick up. I think im gonna be happy if I get 44 out of mine when I get it!!
    we must catch up one day soon! I still want to see what the HUD looks like dashboard wise - does it ruin the look of the dash or is it not too bad?

0 0 0

5. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Not sure I agree with your reason ref the fuel reading but I am determined to find out how the fuel consumption is calculated.
    Regarding HUD, I was going to cancel it when I first looked at a showroom car because I thought it spoiled the dsah lines, but was too late to do so. Honestly, I am glad I kept it because, the facility is great. You are still welcome to take a test drive of my car. Just let me know when it suits.
    Regards

0 0 0

6. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi shabazmo,

How is your fuel consumption doing, is it continuing to improve?

I've been really impressed with my A7's mpg on local journeys (20ish miles, combination of A roads and traffic jams) where I've been achieving about 41mpg almost from day 1 (a welcome improvement on my previous Audi). However, I'm puzzled by the fact that it doesn't seem to increase much on longer motorway journeys, where I've rarely even managed to achieve 44mpg average so far.... anyone got any ideas why this might be? I'm just approaching 2000 miles on the clock, and have the 4wd diesel, so I'm not expecting the mpg to be as good as on the 2wd, but I don't understand why it isn't at least noticeably better than on shorter town journeys.... does the engine need some significant settling in before it reaches optimum efficiency on longer journeys??

0 0 0

7. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I think your car is doing just fine. My best is 46.5mpg doing mostly motorway miles and keeping it below 80ish. My worst which included fast motorway and some town was 41mpg. I have completed 5000 miles and feel that the consumption is geting better. Taking it easy the computer can read 53mpg on motorways keeping to 60-70mph, so 50mpg should be achievable.
    Given that you have a quatro and some more power, I would expect hat you should be 10% worse than me.
    The difference between town and motorway will narrow due to a number of factors:-
    1. stop start system
    2. elecric power steering that will save more fuel at higher speeds than lower speeds
    3. The Audi has a quick warm up system, so less fuel is wasted during warm up. This I beleives operates by not allowing one of the two water pumps to operate during warm up, so less cooling in the first 5 minutes.
    4. The alternator also has some efficiency advantage but I cab't remember what it is. I read it in the Audi study guide bust will post it later.
    I still love the Audi and wish I had orderred some other extras. Currently in Florida driving a chevvy and miss the audi. I have not seen an A7 yet, but quite a few Jag XFs and BMW X6s. Good to see the Europeans exporting their kit over here.

1 0 0

8. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi shabazmo,

Thanks for that. Really interesting to see in detail what Audi have done re efficiency on this car. Looking forward to continued improvements as I put more miles on it...

What other extras would you have ordered on the A7 if you had your time again?

I'm wondering if it would be useful to prospective users if we started up some topics for each of the extras, so that people who had gone for it could post their thoughts on what they believed was good (or not so useful) about the extra for the benefit of those still working out what to order?

I know that when I was choosing my options I really missed seeing some more detail on how it worked in reality, and some of my last minute choices (e.g. HUD) have turned out to be things that I've been most impressed with.

0 0 0

9. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    That sounds good but it will probably mean a post for each extra. This will make it easier for readers to follow and for others to add their views.

I will start with te first one

Can I suggest that you add your model and extras to your signature, so that readers can see what car you have

0 0 0

10. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I average 39mpg according to the computer in town, and recently managed to get 50mpg on a recent drive back from the airport. i didn't expect to get the published milage; i mean really, whoever does? However, it is a long way off the published 50mpg in town and 58mpg on the run!

i never thought about checking to see how accurate the computer is, so i'll do that next time out.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast