1. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I don't have economy mode either, just comfort, auto and dynamic. Maybe it is because its a 2wd
    Mine is a 4wd; still doesn't have an 'Eco' mode (that I've found yet).

0 0 0

2. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Fron the comments above, I think that the Eco mode may only be on the quattro version. This mode does give slightly improved fuel figures, but, annoyingly turns off some of the nice convenience features such as the "turn lights" which I actually find very useful. There is an "Individual" mode which allows you to make up your own car mode with your own choice of settings and I am going to play around with this to see if I can set up a mode that has the eco settings for the engine and gearbox, but keep some of the other features that the Eco mode turns off. Still, I am generally extremely pleased with the car.
    A7 3.0 TDI 245 Quatro SE. Daytona Grey. Comfort Seats (Heated + Ventilated), MMI Plus, HUD, Speed Limit Display, Lane Assist, Phone Prep High, Folding Heated Mirrors, Night Vision, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Lights, Parking Advanced, Four Zone Climate, Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

3. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think Eco mode is just an addition that has been made more recently to the menu on newer cars, but not sure where the change over was or whether you can update the MMI to introduce it, perhaps our resident A8 Tech may be able to comment?
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
    For SMILES - Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
    For MILES - Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line 2011 - Daytona Grey Pearl

0 0 0

4. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

The Eco mode was not on the original A7 's brought into the UK. I only know this because I have had a loan A7 from my dealer and it was fully loaded (£70k ish) but with no Economy drive mode. When I asked about why it was missing, that was the reason given. Apparently Audi introduced it during the first tech revision (maybe also at the time of the 4/5 seat option?).

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So is that a software upgrade to get it then? Will it make any difference?

0 0 0

6. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I managed to get my best mpg so far this week. After getting a winter of 40-44 mpg, I travelled 701 miles and filled up with 66.05 litres of diesel to give 48.3mpg. The dash showed 51.1mpg, so error of 5.5%. I did a fair bit of motorway miles with cruise control on 75mph. What was interesting was that I drove 26 miles after the dash said zero miles left, and yes I did have 10 litres of diesel in a spare tank in the boot just in case.
    Last edited by shabazmo; 26-04-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

7. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyh View Post
    So is that a software upgrade to get it then? Will it make any difference?

I don't believe a software upgrade is going to be the fix, it is more involved than that.

I had the old A7 for 2 weeks recently and it was noticeable that the average mpg was around 38-39. On my newer A7 in Eco I get over 40. Both cars had very similar mileage of around 8000.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well I get 45mpg on my commute (50 mls) if I drive sensibly, and 40mpg if I boot it. All without Eco mode.

So not too bad I think!

0 0 0

9. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi just joined this forum looking for info on tyres but just thought I’d add my experience of MPG for my A7 3.0 TDI Quattro, after about 10K miles my B trip is around 39mpg best I get is around 47mpg. I have found it’s better on fuel economy if in auto rather than ECO weirdly. I had a Bosch remap for economy but upped power from standard 272 to 306 bhp. Whilst not great considering it’s performance it’s Quattro and auto aren’t bad.

0 0 0

10. Re: Mpg a7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dallas63 and welcome to the forum. I have had my A7 3.0 TDI Quattro since Jan 2012 and have been extremely pleased with it. I get on average around 35-36 mpg on a mix of town and short motorway driving and about 40-41 mpg on a long motorway run. I do check my mpg against litres used and miles driven and have always found that the mpg readout in the car is a little higher than the calculated value (same for every car i have ever owned with an mpg readout), so do bear this in mind.
    A7 3.0 TDI 245 Quatro SE. Daytona Grey. Comfort Seats (Heated + Ventilated), MMI Plus, HUD, Speed Limit Display, Lane Assist, Phone Prep High, Folding Heated Mirrors, Night Vision, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Lights, Parking Advanced, Four Zone Climate, Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast