I had to have the windscreen replaced on my 1998 VW Passat TDI a couple of weeks ago and used the windscreen replacement company nominated by my Insurers. After fitting I subsequently found that the glass of the new screen was distorted on the passenger side and a creaking sound had started from the front nearside lower corner of the screen/dashboard when driving on less than smooth road surfaces.
The previous screen had been made by Pilkington and the new screen was made by Guardian.
I contacted the company that had replaced the screen and they agreed that it was distorted and replaced with another, again by Guardian.
Having driven the car with the latest replacement screen, I would say that there is again distortion in the same area but the creaking sound now originates from the whole length of the lower windscreen/dashboard area. When driving fast over an area of uneven road today, I thought the screen was going to crack !
Has anyone else had experience of this following windscreen replacement ?
(I am hesitant about returning yet again to the windscreen replacement company as they have already left tools under the bonnet, turned up to fit a non tinted screen when mine is tinted, and have mislaid a rubber grommet from the windscreen wiper spindle !)