Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuk100 View Post
    I currently have a loan car B7 1.6tdi S (waiting for 2.0tdi sport). It has around 2200 miles on the clock.

This sounds familiar, was supposed to pickup my 2.0tdi sport tomorrow, got a phone call at the beginning of the week - delivery is getting delayed by 2 weeks

I'm having a passat loaner dropped off in the morning. Still , at least its not a polo...
    VW CC GT in Dark Oak, 2.0TDi Bluemotion, Truffle Leather Interior with Ebony Trim - Now Arrived

VW Passat B7 Saloon in Night Blue, 2.0TDi Sport Bluemotion - Now Gone

0 0 0

2. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D4D View Post

This sounds familiar, was supposed to pickup my 2.0tdi sport tomorrow, got a phone call at the beginning of the week - delivery is getting delayed by 2 weeks

I'm having a passat loaner dropped off in the morning. Still , at least its not a polo...
    Well D4D, I can only wish you luck - I started another thread about this "Delivery issues".

I finally have the delivery date for my 2.0tdi sport - It is next Friday 27th May. This after ordering in December 2010! Still, having the free loan car makes the wait easier.

0 0 0

3. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Stuk, I live in Grimsby and almost daily drive past the dock where they are landed, on Friday a huge shipment of passats came in (amongst other VW's) the lorrys were heading out down the m180 loaded up with mainly passats.... Hoping ours were among them ??

My passat loaner was delivered on Friday, a metallic black 2.0tdi sport estate, 157 miles on the clock. I "popped" up to Newcastle on Saturday, 370 miles round trip.

I must say I'm very impressed, excellent insulation from wind and road noise, very comfortable seats and a good hifi, connectivity is really top class. Satnav is good, although the A1 improvements aren't in and there is no support for customised pois that I can find (unless someone can tell me different ?).

I also liked the cruise, the accel/decel button adds/minus's 5mph a click, in a sort of "round off" way. I've had cruise control on cars since the late nineties, they have all gone up/down by increments of 1 mph. Don't know if this is a VAG thing or not but I like it !

Fuel economy for the trip worked out at 55.8, 4 up and a boot full of gear, it was REALLY windy as well. Did a steady 70mph mostly, 75mph now and again. Happy with that, especially considering the mileage.

The Volvo 2.0d I had before gave 45 to 47mpg at those speeds, the wind would make it noticeably worse.
    Last edited by D4D; 22-05-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    VW CC GT in Dark Oak, 2.0TDi Bluemotion, Truffle Leather Interior with Ebony Trim - Now Arrived

VW Passat B7 Saloon in Night Blue, 2.0TDi Sport Bluemotion - Now Gone

0 0 0

4. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there everyone,

I have just ordered a new Passat Bluemotion S 2.0 TDI DSG, when I spec'd it online it refers the paddle shifts on the steering wheel, does anyone have any photos of this, as I can't find any.....

best regards

Matt

0 0 0

5. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Paddles, - on the left and + on the right, just behind the steering wheel.

Click on photo for a slightly larger version:-

paddles.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gold1640

Perfect, thanks for taking the time to photo for me..... I still have not gotten a delivery date from work, but I think it was actaully ordered 4 weeks ago and after reading some of the threads I might get the car sometime this year!!

Matt

0 0 0

7. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was a little disappointed when I first got the car (170 Sport) and was only getting 40mpg. However, soon loosened up and I'm averaging low 50s overall, just averaged 60 on a motorway journey last weekend. I did find that it was more economical to turn the start/stop off when in a slow moving queue.
    Passat SaloonTDi 170, Tech Sport Bluemotion, Tornado Red, Bi-Xenons, Park Assist, Heated seats

0 0 0

8. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PASSMCG View Post
    I have the new B7 1.6 TDI SE Bluemotion PASSAT bought mainly for the specified MPG.

Great car but I am not seeing the MPG anywhere near the spec yet.
    Despite how good the cars are for their MPG, I didn't think anyone bought a car based on the good figures they give you in a book. The conditions to meet them are perfect and almost unrealistic on day-to-day roads.

How you drive affects this also, you can cruise at 70 but have a heavy foot getting to that and have a heavy foot when overtaking - this all has an affect.

I get about 620 miles to my tank on my 2.0 170 PD BMR. Normally cruising around 80-90 on the motorway, but I take my time getting to that speed.

0 0 0

9. Question Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,
    I've now had my B7 Bluemotion 1.6 Estate 105ps for 8 weeks and am frustrated with the efficiency figures I'm achieving.

As you can see below, the figures according to Spritmonitor are less than 52mpg average (6 refills, 4000 miles), best figures just under 53mpg. The first week I had it I drove normally with a cruise speed (indicated) of 80mph on motorways. After achieving less than 50mpg I decided to reduce the cruise speed to 70mph (indicated) and this has obviously helped, though only by about 3-4mpg.

The figures quoted by the on-board computer are invariably about 2mpg higher than the brim-to-brim ones I calculate with the actual fuel refill and the mileage clocked:
    52.0, 54.5, 53.8, 54.7, 54.4, 56.3 indicated.
    48.7, 52.4, 52.8, 52.8, 52.2, 52.7 calculated.

My driving is split: half the time I have a 12 mile commute to work & back, 75% motorway, 25% country roads. The other half of my time is travelling to see customers - probably 85% motorway and 15% city driving. I usually drive alone and have a briefcase and a couple of sample bags in the car, sometimes a small suitcase (carry-on). The car is usually refuelled with the light on 70-50 miles to empty. Tyres are at the indicated pressure and the car now has 11 000 miles on the clock (I collected in May at 7 000) so should have been run-in by now.

What concerns me is that the mpg figures were a significant factor in the purchase of this company car (and the fact that we could get one, unlike the Skoda Superb) and that with my last Passat, B6, which was sold in May, I was able to get an average of 43mpg from the 2.0 litre diesel Estate 140ps (NOT Bluemotion) in spite of my consistent cruising speed of 80mpg. This was quite good for the car I believed - compared to the quoted 48mpg average (presumably due to the high motorway mileage I drive) so I believed I'd manage to get at least in the high 50s / low 60s, closer to the quoted figures for this car of average 64.2mpg.

To be honest I'm pretty happy with the town / country road figures - with Start/Stop and following the gearchange indications I usually achieve 50mpg but when I'm doing 70mph with cruise activated on the motorway I'd expect more than the 50mpg I get. On Friday I drove from East Glasgow to Leeds (home) with a 10 min stop at services on the M6. Most of the journey was at 70mph, traffic permitting, with a long stretch of the A1(M) at 50mpg for roadworks. The on-board computer showed 57mph, 3h 55mins, 224 miles and a consumption for the journey of 57.5mpg but I know that is probably optimistic given what I've noticed, above.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I have the Estate it is for 2 reasons:
    with a large family (4 kids including 2 over 18) whenever we go anywhere, even in 2 cars, there's a lot of gear to transport;
    and
    from time to time for work it is useful to have an estate so we can deliver small trial pallets of paper to our printer customers.

Neither of these have occurred yet so they are not affecting the mpg figures!

The other thing which frustrates me is that a colleague has the previous Bluemotion (B6) saloon and gets above 70mpg on a run similar to the one I did on Friday. I know we'll drive differently but he claims he uses Cruise Control at 75mph where possible and still gets these incredible figures. I can't believe the Estate makes that much difference over the Saloon, especially as the VW figures (weight, mpg) don't show that huge gap. I'm tempted to borrow it for a few days, although sadly he lives in Surrey!

So I'm now wondering whether it is my car or whether it is the engine / car model or the fact that they tune the cars to achieve the best figures in the unrealistic tests for the EU database.
    Any advice / comments very welcome!

Cheers,
    Paul
    B7 Silver Volkswagen Passat Estate SE 1.6L TDI 105PS BlueMotion Technology ; reg Jan '11, rec May '11 replaces
    B6 Silver Volkswagen Passat Estate SE 2.0L TDI 140PS; reg Sep '07; Jul '08 - May '11;
    Spritmonitor.de [for B7]

0 0 0

10. Re: MPG - Bluemotion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took delivery of my B7 Estate on friday last week, only done 250 miles since then. but today did stoke to conwy to see friends, and averaged 56.9mpg 2.0tdi 140 Bluemotion 3 people on board. very impressed Cruise set to 65 most of the way there and back.

I remember back to the early 90's when i was driving Vauxhall cavaliers and vectras. my first was a 1.6i and the most i could get from that one was 37mpg. then i had the 1.8i for 2 years and this was a little better at 39mpg. then i had the vectra 2.0i which was a lot better the first one did at best 43mpg. the second vectra again a 2.0i was the best and i managed 46mpg. (i have to keep records for business expenses)

what i am getting at is whilst the 1.6tdi bluemotion drives well and responds well. maybe the 2.0 bluemotion having slighly more power can obtain slightly better MPG's??
    2011 Passat Estate TDI 140 SE: Iron Grey, Heated seats, folding mirrors, 2 Zone climate, Detachable towbar, Arrived 2 weeks early 15/07/2011
    2008 Passat Estate TDI 140 SE:- Arctic Blue (SOLD)
    1974 185bhp Tdi Range Rover Mercedes Powered (running on straight veg oil)

0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast