1. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've ordered a Sport so i will report what the deal is.

In the meantime, why not slash all 4 of your tyres to test this functionality?
    Passat B7 - White - Sport - 140PS BMT.

0 0 0

2. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VeDubDan View Post
    I've ordered a Sport so i will report what the deal is.

In the meantime, why not slash all 4 of your tyres to test this functionality?
    Ordered a SPORT............Now you are showing off. I feel underspecced already!!!!, yours will have the cornering fogs too. Mine has DRL's where the fogs should be.

Good idea.......... off outside with a stanley blade. Had it a couple of hours and already i want a flat tire!! to see if it works.

wait till your get to play with the DAB module, my god its a mare. Too many settings to play with just to get the radio on. (local, national, freq this, freq that) I am listening to the FM till i get to grips with it. Good read over the distruction book tonight and will be all good.

Its surprising how 'baggy' my B6 had got at 70,000 miles / 3 years as this feels tight (a lot tighter)
    2012 - 2.0 TDI 140 Match Manual Golf - Steel Grey
    &
    2002 - BMW 316ti Manual with all the toys

2011 - 2.0 TDI SE Manual B7 Passat - Candy White Now GONE :-(

0 0 0

3. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure once you've had an evening with it that DAB will become easy. you can tell me all about it!

Bet you can't wait to go for a big drive. You got anti-fatique?

May i suggest tonight you take some sleeping pills, do 90MPH down the M6 and if it works?

0 0 0

4. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure once you've had an evening with it that DAB will become easy. you can tell me all about it!

Bet you can't wait to go for a big drive. You got anti-fatique?

May i suggest tonight you take some sleeping pills, do 90MPH down the M6 and if it works?
    Anti Fatigue - we will be arguing every Monday morning. Apparently if you pretend to be tired (head droop and a bit of wandering with the wheel) it goes off. Cant wait to try this out and see if it works.

I have to fight the sleepy eyes to the next services every now and again. We will see if it picks this out as fatigue!! Quick redbull / costa 10 mins kip and all fine again.

Couple of hours with the distruction book and i will be a B7 Sexpert.

She is right outside my office window and i keep looking at her you are right tonight she is going to get some milage put on her. I will be able to get the Mrs back for that head ache she had the other night, sorry love i am playing with me Passat!!!!
    &

0 0 0

5. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the Manchester area - i'll keep my eye open for a white passat flying abuot with the DAB blasting and the driver either falling asleep or slashing his own tyres!

0 0 0

6. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    DSG4ME Guest
    I still think had they changed the dash, it would look more like a new model, the body panels are different, and unless it's a placebo the car is slightly bigger over the B6, and if they've managed to iron out all the B6 faults like the ing,inj etc, it makes the car a sensible buy still given the dep rates on them over other cars, fuel and emissions are well in advance of everyone else right now as well, esp the Bluemotion models, the jump in mine is the off figures urban are 32, and now the Blue 140 dsg is quoted at 44.5 mpg urban, like to know if anyone with a CR engine in a 7 is getting anywhere near 60-70 mpg overall.

0 0 0

7. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats it like then.........................

First impressions having done about 30 miles, Like it ALOT!!

Lots of improvements over the old one (comparing to a 57 DSG SE 140).

Stereo Area - Miles better, i had RCD300 / Aux in (cheap connects 2 unit) / parrot ls 3200. Now the new one has RCD 310 (still bobby basic i know) DAB, Bluetooth music streaming, fantastic phone kit, MDI with 5volt charging for ipod etc etc.

All carpets / plastics etc etc feel better quality allround.

Button layout - How it should have been in the B6 ( we all know they didnt make a true right hand drive version of the switch gear round the gear lever)

Some of you have probably had this before, but the coming home / leaving home lighting has little lights in the wing mirrors to light up the floor next to the doors.

Lights - non projector ones now, although this is strictly a backward step they do seem better and throw light further.

Fatigue Detection - Only works above 40mph on a straight road with no bends (ie motorway) we should get on fine on monday mornings!!

Parking Brake - Periodically winds motors on and off (one at a time) when left for long periods to reduce failier.

It is still very tight but engine is alot more refined compared to my old PD lump. Cabin is loads quieter. Handling i am now on conti's in new car (marangoni's old car) turn in is great, no skipping through corners, less understeer still there just doesnt let go quite as easy. Soaks up bumps / grids miles better.

I had loads of minor improvements to tell you about but i have slept and forgot now. They will come to me, its almost a 'no way thats the same thing but works better in the new one'. It may just be me you know 'kid in a sweet shop'

Once i have had it a few more days and done some more miles / spent more time in it i will give more feed back. But first impressions are GOOD GOOD GOOD.

We are all saying its really a B6.5 i would say this would be more of a B6.8
    &

0 0 0

8. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    excellent - thanks for the brief review.

3 more sleeps for me!!!

0 0 0

9. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One thing i have noticed is the prep before delivery was rushed / non existant, even though they have had it for two weeks!!

The windows are filthy (inside) and its dusty. Its got finger prints pretty much everywhere it was touched. It looks like whoever put the dealer sticker under the window brake light had just finished a bag of chips!!

With it being white, possibly completely unwaxed!! and even only after a total of 150 miles (including the 80 miles it did being delivered i mean rallied to my office) the dirt is starting to settle in up the rear side of the wheel arches.

First Shopping List:-

MUD FLAPS
    GLASS WIPES
    DECENT WAX (i only have a bottle of MER and while its a blank canvas i am going to treat it to some of the good sh*t)
    SOFT POLISH CLOTHS

Then this weekend its a good wax, hardwire my tomtom charger into fuse box at drivers side end, hopefully i will find boot 12v fuse in there like on my old one. Quick job if it is, good earth and then solder live to output side of fuse spade. DONE!! to save me having a ciggy lighter socket in the fuse box area i may try and pick up a charge from the MDI as it puts out 5v which is the same as required by my tomtom. but do i want to be pulling all the glove box to bits yet?

Now finally a question........

Where does the service book go? it cant stay on the seat where they left it and the usual slot in the glove (i wonder how people keep gloves in it) box is filled with MDI stuff now. WELL DONE VW!!
    &

0 0 0

10. Re: B7 Scoped In The Flesh 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    excellent - thanks for the brief review.

3 more sleeps for me!!!
    3 more sleeps is a nightmare.

It could be worse we are still awaiting the delivery of two golfs with the 1.6 TDI and they have been on order for two months longer than my passat which is here. Still no confirmed delivery date yet. Those two guys are well p*ssed as we have loaner ford crocuses for them and they are complete rubbish, they were even more p*ssed when my passat turned up.......EARLY

NOT LONG NOW, i keep making excuses to pop out of the office for a sneaky drive
    &

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast