1. Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just had to buy a forward facing car seat, as baby has outgrown his rear facing seat.

After lots of searching, and reading reviews online, we settled for a Maxicosi Axiss seat. Its heavy and expensive, but the genius idea they had, is the seat turns to allow you to get baby in/out.

If you've got a wiggly little terror like mine, i can't recommend this child seat enough.

2 0 0

2. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really must get some pictures of the seat in place.

The amount of parents at our nursery that ask about it, as they are struggling to get their child into the car.

After a month or so of use, the only thing that annoys me about it, is its not ISOFIX. Whilst its relatively simple to move it between cars (i can do it in less than 2 minutes now), it does have some movement, which wouldn't be there with ISOFIX.

0 0 0

3. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnipLicker View Post
    Really must get some pictures of the seat in place.

The amount of parents at our nursery that ask about it, as they are struggling to get their child into the car.

After a month or so of use, the only thing that annoys me about it, is its not ISOFIX. Whilst its relatively simple to move it between cars (i can do it in less than 2 minutes now), it does have some movement, which wouldn't be there with ISOFIX.
    If you've got movement, it's not fixed properly. ISOFIX was invented to eliminate the fixing errors that can be caused by using the belt, BUT if properly fixed there should be no difference between the 2 systems.

I've got a MaxiCosi Proiri XP for our little one fixed with the belts, and when in properly it's solid as a rock.
    Nothing to see here, move along..

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There always seems to be some movement with belts. I've tried everything, even bouncing on the seat to get the belt tighter. Had it checked and they say it's fine.

0 0 0

5. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Highly recommend the seats that can turn too, saved my back anyway!

0 0 0

6. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My son is just about too big for the rearward facing carseat, an isofix one and i spent best part of an afternoon looking at new seats. we questioned the isofix but we were recomended the maxicosi tobi as it has panels which lift up taking out the slack. it also has sprung loaded harness's so its easier to get them in an out.

0 0 0

7. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Axiss is great. I've had it for 3 years now and my son (3.5) is still benefitting from it. It's so easy to get him in and out in tight spaces. The designers really deserve an award. At least 4 family and friends have bought them after seeing ours. It's a shame they haven't made an isofix version - unless they have - haven't checked recently.

For those wondering, we've put it in the front and back of an A3 5 door and it fits absolutely fine!

0 0 0

8. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We were just looking at this seat at the weekend as my son is too big for the rear facing seat as well. We wanted to get a reclining seat as he is always asleep when he is in the car so didn't want him to have to sleep upright.

How did you find it for reclining?

0 0 0

9. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to throw something into the mix - please search - extended rear facing.

We have an axkid rear facing car seat for our 19 month old. Which goes up to age 6 or height/weight limits.

It doesn't recline as well as I'd hoped but I'm hoping a neck pillow type thing will help. There are other ERF seats which recline better.

Only downside is they take up slightly more space.

Massive advantage is they're a lot safer in the event of an accident.
    Audi A6 C6/4F 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro S-line - BMK

0 0 0

10. Re: Awesome child seats. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeh the best thing we ever done was get a ISOFIX maxi cosi - its so much easier getting the kids into the car!! Its such a shame we have to sell our now as for some reason they arent legal in australia which is where we are moving home to.. such a shame and yes some of our friends that hvae lived over here took theres back and got a several hundred pound fine for using it as it was not certified by the Roads and traffics authority!

So if anyone is after one of these maxi cosi's we have one thats around 12 months old - black in color for £90..

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast