Notices

User Tag List

Thread: How do I adjust handbrake cable?

1. How do I adjust handbrake cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi All

I have an A4 Quattro 1995
    The handbrake lever comes up along way, 8 or 9 clicks.
    How do I adjust the handbrake cable?
    I have had a good look under the heat shield and along the cables but can find no form of adjuster
    Thanks for all your help in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: How do I adjust handbrake cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    You should not need to adjust the cables; you probably have a rear caliper problem. The adjusters are barrels in the cable alongside the lower links.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: How do I adjust handbrake cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher

I have not noticed any rear brake issues.

I did jack the car up and spin rear wheels and got the Mrs's to press brake pedal all appeared to work has expected. Also operated handbrake wheels locked up and relased has expected. Just that its about 8 or 9 clicks, I have been told this may fail MOT due to no reserve travel.

Brake pedal pressed wheel stopped, release brake pedal wheel spun OK. I also checked handbrake linkage on brake calipers all seemed OK to me.

I will have a look tomorrow for the adjuster, from what your saying its built in to the handbrake cable along the rear lower arm?

Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: How do I adjust handbrake cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    how many mm's have you got left on your pads? sounds to me like not alot. I would of thought that that would play a part in the problems.
    Headlight Conversion, 2x8000k HID kits, De-cat downpipe, .216 Nozzles Boost Gauge, Colour changed on climate control and all buttons, LED instrument cluster, LED number plate lights, LED rear/brake lights, Lowered 40mm on SPAX springs. Soon to have GT1749VA

0 0 0

5. Re: How do I adjust handbrake cable? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbsy21 View Post
    how many mm's have you got left on your pads? sounds to me like not alot. I would of thought that that would play a part in the problems.
    I have have just checked the brake pads & discs I would say they are in as new condition. No rust on the lip of the discs, pads approx 5mm on them all

0 0 0