1. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the cheapest via eBay. Part number 4H0919275A but claims compatibility with 7H0919275D. I'm not convinced though, anyone know any better?

Ta,

Ed.
    B7 A4 Avant S-Line pearlescent Dolphin Grey. Factory fitted: Leather interior, MFSW, storage pack, isofix, folding mirrors, bluetooth, rear PDC, rear blinds. Retrofitted: DIS* and washer bottle sensor, cruise control*, RNS-E* (inc SDS), 'S' badge, front interior ambient light, rear map lights with ambient lighting. To do list: RS4 handbrake grip/gear knob/pedals/ARB, colour DIS. * by Shark_90

0 0 0

2. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Decided to play it safe and went with the exact match for the part number. £35.96 inc P&P from here on ebay.de. Great service, with the sensor arriving in only 3 working days from payment.

Just need to get it painted now. Decided against the touch-up paint plan, so tried my local bodyshop today in the hope that they might beat Audi's price, but no chance @ £40. Audi it is then!
    B7 A4 Avant S-Line pearlescent Dolphin Grey. Factory fitted: Leather interior, MFSW, storage pack, isofix, folding mirrors, bluetooth, rear PDC, rear blinds. Retrofitted: DIS* and washer bottle sensor, cruise control*, RNS-E* (inc SDS), 'S' badge, front interior ambient light, rear map lights with ambient lighting. To do list: RS4 handbrake grip/gear knob/pedals/ARB, colour DIS. * by Shark_90

0 0 0

3. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Ealin, think I've got a faulty sensor on my a4 also. As soon as I select reverse I get the failed reverse warning 5 second ish buzz and none of the sensors trigger the alarm sound. Been like that for a month just haven't had time to look at. If I select reverse with ignition on/engine off and put an ear on each sensor I get ticking from all except offside corner sensor. I power hosed the back of the car yesterday and the sensors started to work again for an hour. Just to confirm, do the centres of the sensors come out? I've cleaned over the sensors with a rag thats all. If the sensor is failed, did you work out how the sensors are removed, clips etc?

Thanks i n advance,

Thing
    Now got - 56 A4 Quattro 2.0tfsi sline Quartz Grey.
    Gone - 03/04 A4 2.4s Silver Cab.

0 0 0

4. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Thing,

Yep, chances are it's just that sensor that's faulty. Replaced mine a couple of weekends ago and it's now fully functional. Mine was one of the centre two, so unbelievably difficult to change without removing the bumper, but I managed it! I've read that the two corner sensors are much easier to change without removing the bumper and yours being the offside, no exhaust in the way either.

Both the inner and outer circle are all part of the sensor unit (see picture in the ebay link above). The sensor slots into a cylindrical housing which is fixed to the inside of the bumper - the end of the housing expands each side to release the sensor - a kind forum member might be able to post a picture from ETKA if it shows this. I used the 'wiggle' technique i.e. gently lever the sensor to one side to unclip and then the other. Will be much easier with a corner sensor though.

Good luck!

Ed.

0 0 0

5. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Ed.

Thats a big help sir...

Unfortunately I've got the 2.0t which is twin exhaust at the back , so still looking to take my knuckles off to do . I've had a v quick feel around for access without taking bumper off with the car on the floor, will give it a go first for sure. Imagine be easier on ramp/ramps, might have to invest in some.

Was wondering if anyone has had a go at dissecting the old sensor and switching the painted part of the sensor to new. Might give that a go if I figure an easy way pull apart the old sensor, then brave/stupid enough to do the same with the new one.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Thingy

0 0 0

6. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No worries mate and yep, of course you have an exhaust either side...doh

Never thought about dismantling the old sensor tbh; it looks like it will come apart fairly easily, so you never know. If I get around to having a go, I'll let you know.

P.S. I managed without ramps, but the headtorch came in handy.
    Last edited by eallin; 25-04-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: P.S.

0 0 0

7. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    just removed the left inner sensor on mine without removing the bumper, used the "wiggle".
    I tried to dismantle the sensor,its a no-go I'm afraid, inside the sensor is some sort of sponge with 2 wires, these break when taken apart.
    i have a thread running in the B6 section at the mo.
    Audi quoted £70+ paint !!
    Got a new 1 from the bay for £38 posted and my local chipsaway man is going to spray it before I re-fit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

1 0 0

8. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Kite. As my old sensor is doing nothing other than begging to be thrown away, I might just dismantle it to have a look at the internals you describe.

0 0 0

9. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just replaced the OS inner on my 2.0TDi. Pulled the plastic panel down which would cover the O/S silencer, if I had one. Managed to wiggle the sensor out, thanks for that tip. More difficult to unlatch the connector but managed to with a small screwdriver.
    Wish I had trained to be a gynacologist!!!
    Replaced the N/S inner one a year ago but stripped the back end of the car out to access it. Why do Audi make it so difficult....yes I know, to make money. The dealer quoted me £148 to do O/S, I wonder if they strip or wiggle?? I bought touch up aerosols for around £13, the finish is fine, it is only a small part.

John.

0 0 0

10. Re: Parking Sensor Price and Part number 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    My sensor has come back to life, well it's been working now for the last week or soo. Maybe since it's had a chance to thaw out a bit since I put the powerhose on it for a good while a little time ago. Not sure if I've blown out rubbish/polish from the ext facing circle bit or maybe disturbed a dry joist on the wires etc possibly? Don't know how long it will last but it's working again. Maybe mines a bit of a one off or some intermitent problem but worth giving a faulty sensor a good powerhose before replacing imho. Ah, I also went around the inner circle part of the sensor with a piece of paper just a few mill's in just to clear anything, dead dry polish etc.

Cheers,

Thing.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast