1. Matt RS4 Mirror Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I feel a bit of a knob as I have just hit 1000 posts and am still unable to work the search bar properly. I have tried but cant find the post that I am looking.
    Before christmas, there was a bloke that was fitting or buying or something to do with a set of the matt RS4 mirror covers. At the time, I said that they were krap looking and dont do it but since then, I have came to like them
    from what I have read on the web, they are 2 fortunes to buy new and any that I have seen on ebay are not very good in a descriptive way or look stolen
    Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket ones are good or do they look like a brillo pad after a while ?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Did you post a reply to it? Go to UserCP and view your subscribed threads

0 0 0

3. Re: Matt RS4 Mirror Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you mean replacement covers on standard mirrors; i had them on my car until recently (just sold them for a steal on ebay). Mine cost about £130, are easy to fit, last years without scratching up. I think they looked great

If you're on about genuine rs4 mirrors, they do cost a fortune as just fitted on my car (£500+!). If so they are completely different units as i'm sure you know. They are a bit of a pig to fit as the wiring connects at the bottom of the inside of the door but they have clipped it on up inside where it's totally unreachable!!!!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just to make it all the handier to get at lol
    I was not aware that the mirrors are different, do you mean size and shape ?
    £500 sheesh ! Im sure they look good all the same ? What car have you got ? The covers do look well though ?
    I tried that Chris but I think that I put it to recycle bin

0 0 0

5. Re: Matt RS4 Mirror Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    RS4 style matt covers sold on ebay are just replacements for the colour coded ones on your current mirrors. They are easy to replace. These ones are attached on one arm, underneath the mirror

RS4 mirrors are a completely different shape, they have two thin arms that attach to the mounting plate (which is obviously different as well). They are not as tall as standard mirrors (read reviews of RS4's back when they were new, they all slagged off the useless mirrors).
    I've got a 3L quattro avant, converted to full RS4 look

0 0 0

6. Re: Matt RS4 Mirror Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    S4 mirror caps like mine are matt alu and a direct replacement to the standard caps.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cracker picture of your kid for your avatar by the way. Nice to see that there is still some of us out there that puts something else before their car lol.
    Have either of yous got any pictures ? I am intregued now ( cant spell it lol )

1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    +1, also good to see someone who puts their child before a car lol. Oh and BL - download Speller from the AppStore

1 0 0

9. Re: Matt RS4 Mirror Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Bangor- yeah I had the cat for so long as my avatar, but I got this one of Dylan who is 5 weeks old today.

There's some pics of my car in my profile with the S4 caps- I paid about £100 for them and are genuine ones- these are the same shade as the roof rails (if you have an Avant)
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    Oh and BL - download Speller from the AppStore
    lol, I have heard of that turning a few words into the wrong and sometimes imbarrising things though I look at it as a challenge and you all know what I mean anyway

Ill have a look at your profile pictures the next time that I am on the laptop.
    Where did you buy them ?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast