Hi,

Took a look through this cracking thread, but have a few questions:-

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ght=dis+cruise

I'm purchasing a 2004 B7 S Line with standard steering wheel. I've bought a MFSW from a 2007 B7 for £90, and the same supplier can supply the full steering column (which includes the correct control module and slip ring).

It also has the cruise control stalk. Would this steering column be worth £200, or do you think buying the parts separately be more cost efficient?

I can also get the lower cowling and airbag loom, but I believe that is extra.

So that's the first question, is it cheaper to buy the parts separately? Any assistance with suppliers of these parts would help me out.

Second question is, will the airbag from the original 2004 B7 car fit the 2007 wheel I've just bought? The 2004 car is one of the very first B7 models, and has the new shape 3 spoke wheel, but has anything changed on these over the years that I should be concerned about?

Third question is related to the VAG-COM VCDS tool. I see there are various third party options costing from £20 upwards. I know you usually get what you pay for, but can anyone recommend these cheaper options over the genuine Rosstech kit, or are they just a waste of money? I would be looking to use the tool for the steering wheel, and later for an RNS-E upgrade, so need it to be able to recode these.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers, Lee