Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh what a mine field.

I have just got my new-ish a4 avant, (09) which has flush roof bars. now I have several cycle carrying things but none of them fit.

if I want to buy thule I need a 753 foot pack, 4007 fixing kit, and some 761 or 861 bars.

now i have been looking on fleabay and i have found one which is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...63&mfe=sidebar

and the seller informs me that the 751 foot pack fits the 4007 fixing kit. I think he maybe right, but I am not 100% someone please help me

but will this take any old cycle carrier?

or should I just go for
    http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...83&price=64.85

I hate it when i can't work out what I need. the man in the shop said that the 751 would no way near fit! but I am not sure if he really knows

0 0 0

2. Re: roof rack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The difference between the 751 and 753 is the height.
    The 751 is 11.5 cm high and the 753 is 8.5cm high. Thule recomend the 753 for flush fitting rails, not the 751 although it looks as though it will fit with the 4007 kit.
    Not sure I would want to take the risk of not fitting the recomended parts, with expensive bikes or Kayaks on the roof.

on the B8, I run The low profie 753 with 861 aero bars to carry 2 x 5m Sea kayaks on Thule Hull-a-port carriers. The carriers I have used since 2002 and have just changed the footpacks as cars have changed

Not sure if that helps
    Current- V10 RS6 Avant. Daytona de-badged.
    Gone but not forgotten....B6 S4 Avant, Avus silver, miltek, de badged.

1 0 0

3. Re: roof rack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am in Ripon. You can borrow my genuine Audi bars if you want?

1 0 0

4. Re: roof rack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafi View Post
    I am in Ripon. You can borrow my genuine Audi bars if you want?
    wow thank you. I will see if we buy some but if not thank you so much. we are away for a week at may half term (june) so there is time for you to change your mind!

0 0 0

5. Re: roof rack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No problem. To be honest I bought them on a whim, have never used them, so chances are they will be available to borrow in June

0 0 0

6. Re: roof rack 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky minky View Post
    Oh what a mine field.

I have just got my new-ish a4 avant, (09) which has flush roof bars. now I have several cycle carrying things but none of them fit.

if I want to buy thule I need a 753 foot pack, 4007 fixing kit, and some 761 or 861 bars.

now i have been looking on fleabay and i have found one which is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...63&mfe=sidebar

and the seller informs me that the 751 foot pack fits the 4007 fixing kit. I think he maybe right, but I am not 100% someone please help me

but will this take any old cycle carrier?

or should I just go for
    http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbv...83&price=64.85

I hate it when i can't work out what I need. the man in the shop said that the 751 would no way near fit! but I am not sure if he really knows
    I bought the Prorack Whispbar from roofbox.co.uk for my A4 Avant.

Not tried it with a cycle carrier but the Kamei roofbox I have fits on like a dream. The bars have the standard goove that allows you to fit most thule cycle carriers using a "T" shaped fixing peg which slots into the groove running along the bar.

Thay are very quiet in operation and look good when left on my silver car

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-bars-r...rs-prorack.php

Aparently if you change vehicle to a type that doesn't have roof rails, the new fixing kit only costs £25.

0 0 0