1. Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a damaged nav screen, it was damaged by cleaning with glass cleaner, One wipe was sufficient to remove the anti glare coating as you see in the picture
    I,m after ideas / options to restore the screen, for example would one of the anti glare protector films work
    Thanks in advance for any replies

0 0 0

2. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had the same problem, after cleaning mine with screen cleaner, but it is not as bad as yours.

I have bought some Displex display polish, it is for removing sratches from mobile phone screens but is apparently perfect for removing the anti glare coating from the MMI screen.

When I've removed the coating, I'll be applying one of these, which has already arrived, and is a perfect fit:

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...tem-28318.html

You can't simply fit the screen protector over your damaged screen, it shows through. You need to remove the coating first.

I figured this is the best way - remove the coating, then fit a decent anti glare screen protector which can be cleaned very easily and won't go horribly cloudy etc.
    Current - 2013 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    SOLD - 2007 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI Le Mans quattro
    Daytona Grey | Milano Leather | MMI High | 2011 Nav | 6CD | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB Radio | Heated F&R seats | AMI | Parking System Plus | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Package | Electric Folding Mirrors | Rear sunblinds

1 0 0

3. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had the same problem, after cleaning mine with screen cleaner, but it is not as bad as yours.

I have bought some Displex display polish, it is for removing sratches from mobile phone screens but is apparently perfect for removing the anti glare coating from the MMI screen.

When I've removed the coating, I'll be applying one of these, which has already arrived, and is a perfect fit:

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...tem-28318.html

You can't simply fit the screen protector over your damaged screen, it shows through. You need to remove the coating first.

I figured this is the best way - remove the coating, then fit a decent anti glare screen protector which can be cleaned very easily and won't go horribly cloudy etc.

Hope this helps!
    Daytona Grey | Milano Leather | MMI High | 2011 Nav | 6CD | Bluetooth | Adaptive Xenons | BOSE | DAB Radio | Heated F&R seats | AMI | Parking System Plus | Storage Pack | Visibility Pack | Interior Light Package | Electric Folding Mirrors | Rear sunblinds

1 0 0

4. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Dave, I shall be ordering one to, could you let us know how you get on fitting it, and what the final result looks like, I heard it is indistinguishable from the original appearance, be a great fix if it is

0 0 0

5. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi dave,
    i realise this is a really old subject, but its a problem on my car.
    I've located all the products you've mentioned, but i'm keen to know how you got on, especially in getting the remainder of the original coatinng off, did the scratch removal paste work - if you still recal!
    best regards
    gary

0 0 0

6. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well it was about a year ago, but it went really well. It isn't easy, I applied the Displex with a microfibre cloth, let it dry, then polished it off, then repeated it about 8 times until all the anti glare coating had gone. You need to press firmly, but not too hard on the screen for it to work. I used cotton buds wrapped in a fine cotton cloth to do the corners of the screen. No scratches at all when I had finished.

Then get it all clean, and apply the screen protector, making sure there is no dust getting underneath.

So, in summary, it is quite difficult but be patient, take your time, and it is well worth it - I now have a screen which I can clean easily, and I'm sure the clarity has improved since removing the anti glare coating too!

0 0 0

7. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much for this, and your swift response, I'll order the stuff now, and will hopefully start the job at the weekend.

0 0 0

8. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    he he, I noticed after cleaning my screen with glass cleaner the same blemish, found this page, and have just cleaned it all off using glass cleaner, thumb nail inside the fibre cloth and then to get into the corners, around ended pen pushed into the cloth edge which is thicker, worked fine, entire screen took me about 10 mins to get it all off, very firm as well.

0 0 0

9. Re: Nav Screen Restore 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Plastx will restore the screen

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0