Hi,

I have a 2006 2.0 TDI. Apologies for the lengthy message but i could do with some help...

My emission warning light has been on for about 2 weeks now (although I have not noticed any difference in performance). I'm currently doing a lot of stop-start town driving and I read on this forum that sometimes the DPF can get clogged so I took it out for a longer motorway run but the light remained on.

I then booked it in at my local garage who hooked it up to their diagnostic system and read the following fault...

'12547 motor for intake manifold flap (V157) malfunction P3130'.

They said that if the flaps need replacing one was approx £400 and the other was approx £500 (both +vat & labour) but they could not guarantee which it would be.

I wasn't keen on the bill for either let alone both so they suggested that they clean it out. They removed the 'inlet manifold' and 'throttle body', both were full of carbon and the seal on the actuator was split so they 'removed the control actuator, refit seal correctly with sealant', cleaned carbon from all parts and refit. They test drove it and the light went out. When I collected it the light stayed off for a day but then came back on and has been on since.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix this avoiding a huge repair bill?