1. Best Beading Wax 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi folks, I was wondering what is a really good wax for long lasting water beading ? I remember a few years back when I worked in the dealerships, they used a protector application pad that you stabbed with a pen and then squeazed out the wax before applying it with the pad. The water beading lasted for months with it. I waxed my car last week with some sort of canuba wax from Halfords ( not cheap at £14 ) and the water beading is krap to say the least. Also, whats the stages of waxing, polishing, pre shinning , pre blah blah blah. It all confuses me lol

Last but not least, I am buying a set of BBS LMs and was wondering whats the best protector for them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

0 0 0

2. Re: Best Beading Wax 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find the way to a good finish is by washing and drying as normal then start with a paint cleaner followed by a polish them a good quality wax and finish off with a sealant .
    I use meguires paint cleaner,meguires polish,dodo juice carnuaba wax and finish with autoglym extra gloss protection.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok so ;
    Paint Cleaner ( is this like a polish ? )
    Polish
    Wax
    Sealent ( I take it this is different than wax )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

0 0 0

4. Re: Best Beading Wax 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Paint cleaner cleans the paint and prepares the finish for the polish stage,the wax after polish ,the sealant is a clear liquid applied with a soft cloth allowed to dry for up to one hour before buffing off.
    you should be able to find all but the dodo juice at halfords, meguires do a carnuaba wax as part of a three stage polishing set.
    P S for your wheels I use poorboys wheel sealant,for best results polish the wheels first then apply two to three coats of sealant.

0 0 0

5. Re: Best Beading Wax 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangor Lad View Post
    Ok so ;
    Paint Cleaner ( is this like a polish ? )
    Polish
    Wax
    Sealent ( I take it this is different than wax )

As itsonlyme says, basically the paint cleaner cleans and prepares the paint for polishing.

Just to give a bit more info, you would wash the car first with normal car shampoo, dry it off thoroughly and then apply the paint cleaner to the dry car. The paint cleaner is applied in the same way as you would a polish, I use a foam applicator pad to apply it and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. This gets the paintwork literally squeeky clean. It's then ready for polishing.

Itsonlyme's suggestion to use Megs paint cleaner is a good one, I used Megs paint cleaner although then polished with some Autoglym SRP (as I had some in the shed so didn't want to buy the Megs polish) and it gave the car a really deep shine.

It took me a full day to do the whole wash/clean/polish/wax but was well worth it.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thats the wax that I bought already and I have autoglym polish so all I need is the paint cleaner and oh..... a dry weekend day

0 0 0

7. Re: Best Beading Wax 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Bangorlad.
    Wash and dry as usual Poorboys QD+ to clean the paint, Superglym polish to renovate the paintwork and Valentines Carnuba wax for the finish. The Valentines is supposed to be the highest concentration of natural carnuba and looks absolutly brilliant. Last for ages too.
    There is a place in Carryduff that sells all these products, if you are interested, let me know and I will give you their details.
    It is an Alladins cave of detailing products. Well worth a visit !!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok, thanks to you all for the info. If you could Mark, that would be great. Ill maybe take a scoot up on Saturday and have a nosey

0 0 0

9. Re: Best Beading Wax 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bangorlad
    Sent you a pm with the details. Let me know you got it ok.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Got it Mark. Thank you

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast