Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All...

I've got my A6 with the dealers today clearing up some bits and bobs.

They have been investigating a reported general control module fault which they picked up at my last service. They have now identified the "J519 Power control unit" as being faulty.

I'm not seeing any real issues with the car electronics apart from the odd heating glitch and very occasional exterior light confusion when the car has been left for a few days on the drive.

They want £400 ish to fix it, I'm tempted to leave it until something breaks...

Anybody know if I could damage something else by leaving it, or is something in the background not working that should be...????

The dealer doesn't seem to be able to give me any good quality answers... I suspect they don't really know and are just following what the computer fault codes are reporting.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
    A6 2005 3.0TDI SE Quattro Tiptronic - MMI High, Bluetooth, Colour centre info display, BOSE audio, front & rear parking sensors... +more

0 0 0

2. Re: J519 Power Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    850 Post(s)
    That is the on board power supply control unit, can you get a fault code out of them?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (1868-1956)

0 0 0

3. Re: J519 Power Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Search the address and phone no. of BBA- reman and they will repair it for less than 100 pounds. On A4 it is behind the fuse box; a black box. They can take up to a week before they return.

0 0 0

4. Re: J519 Power Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t11tmm View Post
    Hi All...

I've got my A6 with the dealers today clearing up some bits and bobs.

They have been investigating a reported general control module fault which they picked up at my last service. They have now identified the "J519 Power control unit" as being faulty.

I'm not seeing any real issues with the car electronics apart from the odd heating glitch and very occasional exterior light confusion when the car has been left for a few days on the drive.

They want £400 ish to fix it, I'm tempted to leave it until something breaks...

Anybody know if I could damage something else by leaving it, or is something in the background not working that should be...????

The dealer doesn't seem to be able to give me any good quality answers... I suspect they don't really know and are just following what the computer fault codes are reporting.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
    You mention exterior lighting

j519 controls the front lights amongst other consumers and suspect your fault relates to over voltage and not uncommon

However there is one update that may help depending on the part number of your control unit

This is the fault

Coming Home/Leaving Home doesn't work intermittently when opening the doors with the remote control

After operating the remote control twice in a row, it works again.

If it is then update the control unit with technical solution number Transaction No.: 2009756/4 svm update code 4F09A002 or flash cd 4L0 906 961 B

carried out by the dealer online connection
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

5. Re: J519 Power Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok just got back from the dealer with the VAS printout..

"Electronic central electrics - (00003) control unit Defective"
    " J519 - Replace control unit (Rep.Gr.97)

Quote £330.90 to replace.

[A8 tech] Your description of the coming home/leaving home problem is exactly what it does once in a while.
    I will take your fantastic info to the dealer and get them to apply the update..

(Was given an "A1" courtesy car, fully loaded with all the toys, was quite impressed by this little city bug from Audi).
    A6 2005 3.0TDI SE Quattro Tiptronic - MMI High, Bluetooth, Colour centre info display, BOSE audio, front & rear parking sensors... +more

0 0 0

6. Re: J519 Power Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Report back but please do not give the source of the information

Simply point out another dealer suggested this technical bulletin may be of use

Regards A8
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

7. Re: J519 Power Control Unit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does the J519 control the indicatores as well???

0 0 0