Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!!

1. 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Guys and Girls,
    This can be the definitive thread to how to fix the 2.0 TDI BMN / BKD engine judders / misfires at idle. Because I am so frustrated with this problem, I am going to find a solution!!!!!

The Car: Golf v 2.0 tdi GT 170 BMN engine

For the last several months I have suffered from the common judder /misfire / strange idle problem.
    VW diagnosed this problem as a Dual mass flywheel malfunction. However the car was still driveable so I thought I would just live with it.
    My mpg has got so bad recently that it thought it was time to get it sorted.
    A new DMF, and guess what, the problem is still there. I currently cannot achieve better than 31 mpg.

VCDS measuring blocks show that injector 3’s flow rate is completely off compared to the others so this is my next point of call.
    I am going to remove the injectors and get them all tested / serviced if needed than with new seals re-install them.
    I need your help though people.

Has anyone got access / a copy of the correct repair manual for this BMN engine regarding the injectors and the cam timing (which, after the injectors is my next step)???

Russ

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f...njectors-5367/

can anyone confirm that the injectors on a bmn require setting up like this.

I seem to recall that the rocker assembly removes in one and no adjustment is needed??

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i havent had the cover off a 2lt yet but the 1.9 is adjustable and is very easy to do, the dail gauge makes it sound hard but it really isnt, if it was me id be tempted to take the cover off and see if the injectors are adjustable if they are check and adjust them all and see if that makes a difference if it doesnt then try having them referbed, also while you have the cover off and the top cam cover off just check your cam timing as this can also cause problems

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Phil, Appreciated

Can anyone provide any clarification On whether the 2.0l injectors require setting up? Dial Guage etc.

Also part numbers of the injectors being W03G130073MX and the revised harness being 03G971033M

Russ

1 0 0

5. Re: 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do I start my own thread?!?!?

0 0 0

6. 2.0 tdi bmn / bkd engine idle misfire/judder PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Go back into the MK5 section and press POST NEW THREAD - big orange box, you can't miss it.

Also read this - https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=12238

0 0 0