Hi all,

Long story short, I got a heated steering wheel on ebay Germany from a 2003 A6 for my 2003 A4 Cabriolet (probably my final retrofit).

All is installed, I used the control box from the multifunction wheel I retrofitted recently which seems to supports heated wheels.

1) 6 degrees outside, wheel was 9 degrees, switched on heated seat and it did warm up but did not get very warm. Measured tem and it got to about 20 degrees.

2) Using Vagcom I saw the measuring blocks in the steering moduel started at 16 degrees and heated very quickly to 26 degrees (though really only 19) and then switched off at 27 degrees. it then would switch on and off as the measuring block went up and down between 25 and 27 degrees.

Questions for those of you with heated wheels:

1) how warm do they actually get? Do you actually notice it as warm is is it just not cold?

2) how accurate is the reading from the module on vagcom?

3) Is the A6 thermoresistor different from the A4 module? if so do you think I could install a suitable resistor to adjust the value shown in the module and hence have the heater on more warming my hands more?

Any ideas/comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter