1. Re: Air bag warning light after steering wheel removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have a look on ebay for a VAG code reader,,GSF sell them but cheaper on that site!!45-60 quid

0 0 0

2. Re: Air bag warning light after steering wheel removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VAG 405 MaxiScan CAR DIAGNOSTIC CAN VW/AUDI/SEAT/SKODA..type this into the ebay search bar..

0 0 0

3. Re: Air bag warning light after steering wheel removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: Air bag warning light after steering wheel removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the same position of my 98 vw jetta k2.
    I disconnected the battery.
    I removed my airbag with a flat head unlatching the two clips on the back of the steering wheel, and the allenhead wrench or star wrench or something.
    I had removed my stering wheel to gain access the clock spring for replacement, because it was broken and had been clicking when I would turn the steering wheel while driving.
    I located the wiring harness for my steering wheel's air bag and disconnected it.

I got a used replacement steering wheel plus clockspring as sold as whole plus I was told if I remove the clockspring and transfer it there will be isues and it may fall apart or something. So I installed everything in reverse order all connections were made and everything put back. however I can't get the airbag light on the dash driver side to go away. I've tried using a memo scanner can vw/audi u281. It's supposed to be able to erase the code of an air bag warning light on audi/ vw's. this scan tool, It has been used on a 2000 vw jetta and successfully has removed a driver steering wheel light. Do you know if this actually has been used on any other 98 vw jetta's for airbag light issues?
    before the clockspring went out my horn buttons stoped working..I trying to figure it out that if it's something to deal with some where near the same location. otherside of clockspring metal comes in contact so horn would work, but wires are connected to air bag and indeed are connected. Do I need to get a srs scan tool. thanks again:<) ps- asap please and thank you and god bless america.

So actually when I recall I used this scan tool u281 did say airbag warning light or some code and I had tried to erase it but when I finished finalize steps and disconnected take key to run on position then start it did not complete and no success. I tried it again this time took out the key then put it back to start and run the car nothing well light was still on. any idea's? Did I buy a faulty stering wheel with clockspring by chance what are the chances.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12