1. Re: jap or german 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having just read the whole saga on the rex im chuffed to bits for you matey!

A couple of my friends have Rex's and both have had different issues at different points. As i said they are delicate engines.

I have NEVER heard of such symptons to be caused by just snipping the Turbo Timer wire though...

What i suggest is get on this forum and post up the above text and see what people have to say.

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/

I dont understand how the coolant was being emptied? Did you have any signs of a leak? Steam?

Either way deffo get it posted up on there as im sure the local experts in all things Wankle will be able to advise you accordingly.

You really are lucky though bud, if you were to take that into a garage they would have taken an age to find (if they did at all) and charged you a bomb.

Who would have thought your mobile audio contact would have the key to the solution!! lol

Keeps us updated and deffo get some pics up!

p.s) check this link out... couple of nice RX7's in there.. old school and new school...
    Formally a MR2 T-bar Turbo
    Nurburgring Easter 2005... Trip of a lifetime!
    Now a X-Bora TDi (115) Sport 6 speed in black!
    Going from gpm to mpg makes a refreshing change!

0 0 0

2. Re: jap or german - RX-7 photos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here she is in all her glory, you might just notice that the Veilside nose cone is slightly off its clips on the offside but that'll be sorted
    Attached Images

0 0 0

3. Re: jap or german 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely stunning matey!

Im not a big veilside bodykit fan but on the Rex it looks quite good minus the rear wing.

Forgot to add the link in my previous post of the pics i took...

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=12839

Check out the bonnet on this rex.. will give you some more idea's for yours.
    Formally a MR2 T-bar Turbo
    Nurburgring Easter 2005... Trip of a lifetime!
    Now a X-Bora TDi (115) Sport 6 speed in black!
    Going from gpm to mpg makes a refreshing change!

0 0 0

4. Re: jap or german 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep that bonnet looks the biz, very nice

0 0 0

5. Re: jap or german 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its cars like the RX-7 that make ANY top-notch Audi/VW look boring!

Not keen on the veilside kit, but it could be worse :P I would love an RX-7, but there isn't a hope in hell that I could afford to just run it! The fuel costs, very likely engine repairs and insurance costs are insane.

Best of luck with it though, you are very lucky

0 0 0

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910