1. annoying rattle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for the past few weeks a rattle has appear on the passenger side of the dash it sound like its comeing from where the pane where the fuse panel is but i just cant resolve it!!! please any ideas????? thanks driveing me insane

0 0 0

2. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Just like people as cars get older we start to squeak and rattle in places.

You could try someone holding the place you think it's rattling and identify the source first of all.

My a6 squeaks a lot and I've gone past the point of caring lol.

0 0 0

3. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    When I got mine it had a few interior rattles... but now very tranquil..

i) the mesh at top of dash is known to rattle depending on car's production date as Audi know of this issue and have for fix it...
    mine had once popped out of its catch system on passenger side and was able to rectify...

ii) another one I found on mine was the steering adjustment handle can get mis-shaped from use and meet the trim and resonate and rattle sounds like from dash

I think a fix for something like this can be very hard to diagnose... above is only my experience and suggestions...

This thread is good, without repeating links/files... Link to my post:- Back seat rattling - Page 3

From an air con install I did, I had some of this stuff left over Link:- Armaflex Pipe Insulation Tape 50mm x 3mm x 15m Class 0

It's very good as material to go in between two surfaces to stop rattle/noise, sponge like material with self adhesive backing has good properties Link:- Armacell - Technical Data Class O

I've used in a few places in mine, but fabric loom tape from ebay is good as well...

0 0 0

4. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Lately I noticed a rattle specially on bumpy road somewhere from the dashboard and I've located it was the glove compartment. I've put two facial cleansing cotton tissues from both sides and it stopped! Same thing I did in the emergency kit compartment on the 5th door.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by gianton; 13-08-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    2006 Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI Tiptronic

0 0 0

5. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx guy I've located the rattle and for now seems to have stopped, it ended up being the panel that covers the fuses on the passenger side.

0 1 0

6. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I had my car in almost monthly much to Audi's annoyance for rattles when it was under warranty - End of the day, if I'm paying for a 50k car, I want it to sound and feel like a 50k car so it didn't bother me one bit what they thought!
    Anyway... almost all of the front had been refitted with the felt strips mentioned above. Now just over 45k, there is still no rattles or squeaks apart from the odd knock from my emergency glasses if I forget my contacts that sit in the glasses holder...and even that I'll fix by either felt strips or putting some microfibre clothes in there to stop the glasses moving
    The new A4's and I assume A6's too have a rubber mat in there but mines more material/cloth/plastic

0 0 0

7. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I had a really annoying rattle that sounded like it was coming from the passenger side where the windscreen meets the dash.....used to drive me completely to distraction. It actually turned out to be the cover over the cup-holder by the gear lever. Only found it by accident when I touched the cover and it stopped! Just shows how difficult rattles can actually be to locate in a car's cabin. Sounds like its coming from one place when its actually coming from somewhere completely different......

Neil

0 1 0

8. Re: annoying rattle !!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greggie View Post
    Thanx guy I've located the rattle and for now seems to have stopped, it ended up being the panel that covers the fuses on the passenger side.
    I ended up also applying the armaflex to where fuse cover panel meet the dash... when it turned out to be the steering adjustment handle was the rattle...

Quote Originally Posted by Akash View Post
    I had my car in almost monthly much to Audi's annoyance for rattles when it was under warranty - End of the day, if I'm paying for a 50k car, I want it to sound and feel like a 50k car so it didn't bother me one bit what they thought!
    +1, I would do the same... glad someone else is as OCD as me about their car...

Quote Originally Posted by neilos100 View Post
    Sounds like its coming from one place when its actually coming from somewhere completely different......
    +1, agree completely.....

0 0 0