Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markspark71 View Post
    my oil pump cylnder head and turbo have gone yet another duff BLB engine they are poo
    Hi, When your engine went pop, did you get any help from Audi UK at all? I have a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro and my Cam shaft and Turbo seized up and guess what, the oil pump chain had broken, this only happened week befor last. I have only had the car 5 months and the warranty company are trying to reject my claim, how did you get on with yours. Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    still no joy and the same thing is happening to me with my warrenty company they wont pay out because they say audi have changed the part

looks like im gunna have to put a new engine in the audi but until i can afford i have to drive a focus

0 0 0

3. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Leighton, The Audi garage told me I also need a complete new engine and turbo at a cost of £6445 incl fitting, you could have knocked me down with a feather on hearing that kind of talk, I am going to call Audi UK customer service and see if they can help at all, you know, "good will to all men" and audi drivers!!, worth a shot I suppose. I'm stuck with a voyager Auto yuk!! Best of luck with yours.

0 0 0

4. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metz View Post
    Hi, When your engine went pop, did you get any help from Audi UK at all? I have a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro and my Cam shaft and Turbo seized up and guess what, the oil pump chain had broken, this only happened week befor last. I have only had the car 5 months and the warranty company are trying to reject my claim, how did you get on with yours. Cheers

Oh FUG! I bought the 2.0TFSI - petrol, obviously - as I thought the chain driven oil pump issue was unique to the diesel engine variants. So, having read "metz" post I now need to know if my engine is in the "suspect" category.
    It's BGB. Does anyone know if this code is affected? Car was registered in Sept 2005.

EDIT: Just noticed that "RMH1" posted a list earlier in this thread identifying the codes affected - "BRD, BVF, BVA, BRE, BLB, BNA, BRF and BPW, BRC." Are there any others?

0 0 0

5. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nearly all the 05/55 early 06 cars mate.

0 0 0

6. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Rob View Post
    Nearly all the 05/55 early 06 cars mate.
    Sorry to be a bother but could you clarify, please?

Both petrol and diesel engined cars?
    It's your use of the word "Nearly" that's the issue here. How would one know for certain if their car was at risk - short of removing the sump, of course?
    Is there any way of establishing just from the engine code? As I said, mine is BGB.

0 0 0

7. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just spoke to Audi UK Customer service this afternoon, No help whatsoever, because of the age of the car (2005) and the milage (91400) they said they wouldn't contribute anything to the repair, they suggested I appeal to the Audi dealer that has stripped and diagnosed the problem to see if they have any special deals going on, yeah, like that's going to happen.
    Looks like a second hand engine is going to be the only answer, anybody know if a 2007 2.0 TFSI will fit straight in and if it has the same dumb chain drive for the oil pump? Feeling even more down in the dumps......

0 0 0

8. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, the nearly was confusing !!

05/55 and early 06 plated cars in both 2.0 TDI & TFSI variants have the dodgy chain driven oil pump

Not just deisel as alot of people think.

0 0 0

9. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Engine codes that can be affected by this.

BRD,BVF,BVA,BRE,BLB,BNA,BRF,BPW,BRC.

Only way you can tell is by dropping the sump.

Just because you have one of these codes dosnt mean an instant death sentance, but its better to know so everyone can monitor there own car.
    HTH

Full vcds HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area PM me

0 0 0

10. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMH1 View Post
    Engine codes that can be affected by this.

BRD,BVF,BVA,BRE,BLB,BNA,BRF,BPW,BRC.

Only way you can tell is by dropping the sump.

Just because you have one of these codes dosnt mean an instant death sentance, but its better to know so everyone can monitor there own car.
    HTH

So, my BGB code engine isn't listed. That's a relief.
    I understand what you've said re-"instant death sentence".
    Thanks, all.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast